Chapter 6

"Commander Crosshair, a word please" 

Crosshair rolled his eyes, he grabbed his jacket and walked past the others towards the asshole who never knocked. The two talked to the side as the others watched but respected the privacy up until the other individual pulled a gun on Crosshair who didn't flinch but Hera gasped out loud, Echo immediately wrapped her up especially when Crosshair disarmed the man in seconds and held a gun against his head. 

"Okay, you win. Don't be late. The boss ain't happy" the individual said, Crosshair ignored him not giving him the gun back as he watched the man he hated walk back towards the road, climb in a car and drive off. He cursed a few times, checking the gun out before he placed it in the back of his pants and walked over to the others. 

"Mama?" 

"You have me for two more hours before I have to go," Crosshair whispered, lifting Hera into his arms, his daughter cuddling close for a few minutes before she was set on the ground. 

"Why isn't he in jail?" Jesse asked, Crosshair shrugged, "Something to do with being rich means a slap on the wrist, it doesn't matter though. One last mission and then I never have to see that bastard face again" Crosshair said with a smirk. 

"You know Kix knows people who can, you know" Jesse joked, making a finger gun motion and aiming it at his head, Crosshair rolled his eyes shaking his head as Hera jogged back to the house only to reappear with something. 

"No" 

"Please, Omega might like it" Hera pointed at Omega who grinned. 

"Fine but the second something is wrong, up, understand" Crosshair muttered, Hera nodded, appearing with three snorkel sets, "Come, I have spare clothes you can borrow. Let's go see the fish!" Hera said with a smile passing one to Omega who gave her jacket and anything she didn't want wet to Wrecker who encouraged her. Crosshair rolled his eyes, removing his heart monitor and another thing which gave him disapproving looks. 

"What? It's only for a few minutes and besides I'm walking into a warzone tomorrow, I think I'm fine for now" Crosshair said while Kix whacked him upside the head, "Four minutes" Kix whispered, Crosshair nodded diving into the water. Hera grabbed Omega's hand and guided her into the water. Hunter watched in anticipation as his daughter disappeared under the waves. 

"Relax, she's fine. Crosshair won't let anything happen to either of them" Echo said, Hunter nodded, taking a seat on a few chairs nearby. Tech smirked from his place in Echo's lap. Wrecker was halfway talking with Kix and Jesse when Omega re-emerged with a giggling Hera and the two had clams in their hands.  

"Father, help us open them!" Omega cried out, Hunter whipped a knife out of his combat boot and helped Omega while Hera stood with a smile as hands appeared on her shoulders, she looked up to see her smirking mother who passed her something, she gasped seeing the shell.

"Thanks" Hera whispered, Crosshair nodded. He whispered that he wouldn't be a minute and moved to put his medical equipment back on. Hera watched him with a smile as he returned to her side. 

"So, who was that before?" Echo asked in curiosity since Jesse avoided talking about that. 

"Someone I had a thing with, it wasn't serious or anything. He was just a…." 

"An arsehole, mama. That's what he was" 

"Hera, language but yes you're correct" Crosshair said kissing her hair, Hera grinned at him. Wrecker's face twisted into concern as he shared a look with Echo who nodded, a conversation for later, something just didn’t sit right with the man’s body language compared to his words.