Révélation de la Vérité (Chapter 30)

The platform of the laboratory ruins spread before them, the wind howling through the open spaces. Ciel stood at the center, surrounded by loads of primordial seawater in small containers. His gaze lifted as Neuvillette and Wriothesley approached, a smile playing on his lips."Ah, the Iudex and the Duke. How delightful of you to join the finale of my masterpiece," Ciel mocked, his voice carrying an unsettling calm.

Neuvillette's eyes narrowed, his focus keen on the containers of primordial seawater. "Why are you doing this, Ciel?" Neuvillette demanded, his voice firm.

Ciel chuckled, the sound sending shivers down their spines. "Why? Because I seek to expose the rotten core of Fontaine, the hypocrisy of its rulers, and the fragility of its so-called justice. This city deserves to witness its own demise."

As Ciel spoke, he gestured towards the vats of primordial seawater, hinting at the destructive potential within them. Wriothesley clenched his fists, a burning rage building within him.

"Why? What has Fontaine done to you?"

"The system is corrupted, the Iudex is far from fair, and we all know the prophecy was just created to control us, wasn't it Monsieur?"

"No, it was not. You have the primordial seawater right beside you. You should know the dangers of it and how real the property is."

"Oh please, It's just water it won't suddenly wipe out all of us or drown anyone. That's what I'll help with."

"What do you mean?"

"The city will be cleansed, reborn from the waters that flow through its very veins. Fontaine's corruption will be washed away, and a new era shall rise."

"Could you not just speak like a normal person? Do you have to sound like you're 103 years old?""Excuse me?" Neuvillette said. "I'm older than that. And I don't speak like that."

"You're telling me that a hundred years ago, you didn't speak like that, Monsieur?"

"Point taken."

As they spoke, Ciel opened a container of primordial seawater.

"Ciel, why take innocent lives in your path to justice? Do you believe you have the right to decide who lives and dies? Who the sinners are?"

"In Fontaine, there are no innocent. Only twisted mines who enjoy others' suffering are displayed for them on a scene. That's what I will do as well. People will watch a theatrical show of madness as their entire nation is wiped from Teyvat's surface."

Wriothesley glanced at Neuvillette, who looked more than ready to kill Ciel. Ciel took his hood off, and Wriothesley watched Neuvillette's eyes widen in realization. Before they stood a man who looked to be around 50. With gray hairs already infesting his hair. Wriothesley didn't recognize him, but Neuvillette clearly did.

The revelation of Ciel's true identity sent a shockwave through the tense atmosphere of the laboratory ruins. Neuvillette's eyes widened in recognition, the pieces of a puzzle falling into place. Wriothesley, though unfamiliar with Ciel's past, sensed the gravity of the situation.The last thing Neuvillette had expected, was to see an old friend stand before him with the intention of wiping away a nation they had helped build together.