Chapter 2

It was bright.

Really bright.

Almost too bright.

You opened your eyes and squinted, hoping that, by so doing, it would help with the brightness. Or that it would help you wake up, at the very least.

A beautiful, clear sky greeted you, as well as the sound of songbirds chirping their merry songs. You swiftly sat up and looked around. This wasn't your room. Or your house. Or, really, anything close to it! You appeared to be near the edge of a forest and the edge of a river.

The river was small and clear. The water was flowing smoothly as fish of every hue swam in it. Across the river was a field of tall grass that swayed in the breeze. In the distance, tall, majestic mountains could be seen. 

You then examined the forest. It's trees were tall and provided shade, the shrubs were lush and green, the grass was, surprisingly, short and well kept, and the flowers were as fragrant as they were vibrant.

Your mouth hung slightly ajar. This place was beautiful! You stood up to search for your phone, but noticed your change of attire. You had no clue what you were wearing, but it wasn't your pj's. The best way you could describe your clothing was a dress with vibrant trim, underneath a lighter colored robe tied with a large vibrant ribbon.

"What the?" You spoke aloud to yourself. ' Why am I dressed like this? Is this how people here dress? Where is here? ' you thought. You froze. 'Where is here?! Where am I?!' You looked around search for a clue or answer, but everything around you only said "nowhere near your home."

Downhearted, you sighed and sat back down. 'Now what?' you thought.

A twig snapped.

You turned your head, scanning your surroundings.

A few voices slowly came in hearing range. You couldn't make out much of what they were saying, but you could tell there were at least three people talking. You stared in the direction the voices came from, waiting for them to appear in your view.

When they appeared, it took you a moment to processes what you were seeing. A weird man on a horse was the most normal thing you saw in that group. You didn't want to think to hard on the talking, walking pig. Or the blue being. 'Is that a monkey? On a cloud?! Talking!?!'

"We shall make camp here, for the night." Spoke the only human in the strange group. "Very well, Master. I shall swiftly check the surrounding area for any demons who may try to harm us in the night!" Spoke the monkey. The "master" had a look of slight fear appear on his for a moment before he spoke, "Be swift then."

The monkey chuckled, then said, "Don't worry master! Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing will protect you whilst I check!" "I not worried about me." The human spoke. "Good! Then I am off!" The monkey disappeared.

"I do hope he only scares off any demons and not-" The human shuddered. "Hah! Fat chance! Knowing him, he'll slaughter every demon in sight, anger a powerful demon of some kind, you'll get caught, we'll save ya, then we'll continue our journey." The pig-man stated casually. "You say that as if it's normal." The blue being semi-questioned. "You're new. You'll get used to it." The pig brushed him off.

You stayed sitting, eye twitching, thoughts running, questions burning, until a voice brought you out of your stupor. "Hello!"

(588 words. Let me know what you think! I'm enjoying writing this! Even though it's a little tricky to puzzle the pieces in place. I hope you enjoy it! And have a great day/night/whatever! FYI, if these chapters seem short, or take a while to come out, it's because of both work and trying to read the Journey to the West to continue my knowledge and your adventure! Love y'all!)