forever sounds promising

Chapter thirty four

Forever sounds promising

Our eyes met and for a few minutes we just looked at each other not moving or doing anything else.

We were safe and it was all that mattered at the moment.

He was the first one to make a move towards me as he stopped where I was he knelt done a bit to get to my level. Well I was a tad bit shorter now since I had gone all wolf on the old man.

“You look really good in fur, my little grey wolf.” Preston spoke with a smile on his face and he pressed a kiss on top of my head. In my mind I smiled but I had no idea as to what that would have looked like on my face. I looked at my feet and understood why he had called me his little grey wolf, after all that was the colour of my fur.

“How do I change back?” I asked him telepathically. Thank god for small thing like mind links or else I would be howling my head off.

His smile was glued to his lips but before he could answer I sensed something in the air. Being in the state that I was now heightened every sense in me.

I looked around the area we were and from a distance I could not see anything. “Ivan?!” I remembered and screamed his name to Preston. Was he even okay? He had been in the back seat and oh god I hope nothing happened to him. I had been to consumed that I did not eve n think of him

Preston must have felt my growing worries as he immediately spoke out to me, “angel, he is fine. He healed fast just like we do and then went to get Nate.”

“He went to get Nate?” I repeated the new information but it still came out as a question. And I would bet he had to order Ivan to go get his brother.

“Yeah he did. After all it was just a mere few minutes to where the two of them were so I’m hoping he will be here soon before the rest of his teams come forth.” He said pointing to the dead man.

I looked at the direction he was pointing at and I just could not believe that this dead being laying a few paces from us was finally dead.

As he spoke that I felt the air fill with something but it did not take long for me to understand what it was.

We were under attack.

A few more rogues appeared out of the bushes and as I counted fast I could tell they were almost nine of them.

And we were just two of us...

Shit!

I closed my eyes and felt Preston next to me, “we’ll be fine angel.” And with that the battle began. And a mere one minute into fighting I felt even more power in the air; Power that I could not fathom at first in my mind.

And as I felt the pain in my stomach I saw someone who looked like Nikola emerge from the trees with Nate and Ivan two shifted immediately and lunged towards the nearest wolves.

But it was not seeing them that stopped me fighting the rogues around me but it was seeing Nikola walk in the middle of the field carrying a purse that could be designer made for all I knew and walking as if she was a freaking runway model and nothing happening to her. It was as if she was wolf repellent but as I watched her and pain increased her eyes caught mine and she smiled.

She smiled like she knew something I did not and then very clearly ordered the wolves to stop.

They all did.

And if I was not staring at her I would have sworn that her eyes had not turned black all over. That spooked me up a little. Sure Preston had told me she was a witch and a powerful one but seeing her in action just spooked me.