chapter seventeen

hope you love it like i do.....

                                                   Chapter seventeen

Ivan kept glancing my way every other second and I was getting irritated by the simple action that any other girl in this compound would have found marvellous.  Nate was doing the same.

They looked like they had something going on between them. It was almost like they knew something and were trying to find a way to prove it.

I didn’t give the matter a second thought as I continued with my day at school. As I went in to my next class

Alex spotted me and it looked like the perfect time for him to talk to me. He was smiling when he stopped in front of me. “Hey there Abby”

“Hi” I replied trying to walk at the same time. He walked by my side.

“How have you been?” he asked sounding curious. We had not talked since that night at the party where he had left me with questions in my mind. 

I stopped and stared at him without shame. His face was so darn familiar but at the same time I had no idea where I had seen him before.  “Alexander, have we ever met before this?”

He chuckled. “You wanna make a bet?”

“Seriously...have we ever met?” I asked again.

“Why? Do I remind you of someone? Perhaps someone you really liked?” he was smiling as he spoke. “Huh?”

I rolled my eyes. “Your ego is getting to big even for me.”

We continued walking. “It’s not my ego...its reality. Ask your dad about me he might have an answer.” With that said he walked away.

Why would my dad know about him?

“Abby, Abby’ Toni whisper yelled at me after appearing at the corner. I turned to look at her.

“What?”

‘You are going to be extra late to your class. Who were you talking to anyway? Preston?” she asked as she seemed to notice the retreating figure at the nearest corner.

I shook my head. “It was Alexander.”

“What did he want from you?”

“I don’t know exactly but I have not told you this but he looks extremely familiar to me.”

“How familiar? Like famous familiar or what?” she asked as we stepped in to class. The teacher gave us a warning glare as we went to sit down to our seats.

Toni looked at me after we sat down; reminding me I had not finished answering her question. I shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Have you asked him?”

“He told me to ask my dad.”

The teacher choose that moment to ask us a question hence stopping us from the conversation we had. The class was pretty lame after that up until the bell rang. I immediately stood up to leave. “When is summer coming?” some of the students yelled to as they left the class.

“I kept on asking myself the same question last week when the chemistry teacher decided it was healthy if I had detention.” Toni spoke rolling her eyes.

“We are going to be graduating in five months.”

“Praise god and his awesome angels.

We had a free period after that as the teacher was sick or something like that. I spent it talking to Toni and also looking about in the class to see a potential mate for Brittney, Which was crazy because it was not like I was just going to notice that this person was someone’s mate.