Interacting?

The pair showed up at school together and left together every day for the rest of the week. Rainbow Dash hung out with her group whenever she could, but whenever she was getting uncomfortable, Soarin always knew when to sweep in and 'borrow' her until Apple Jack was gone.

There were rumours spiralling around the school about the pair and they didn't care. Rainbow Dash would be lying if she said she didn't start to feel things for him.. Perhaps it was just because he was there for her, but it made her feel okay.

Her interest in Soarin had caused her to.. not forget, but disregard how she felt about Apple Jack. Seeing her around school though was the hardest part because of how okay she seemed. If Soarin ever spotted her in the hallway before Rainbow Dash, he'd wrap his arm around her to sort of protect her.

He began to grow protective of her, not wanting anyone to hurt her the way Apple Jack did.
It wasn't until a few weeks later that they would hug each other hello and goodbye in between classes. They weren't together or anything. Nothing was really spoken about, they just had the others back.

Rainbow Dash was in the bathroom by herself during her science class that she had with Soarin and Apple Jack. She'd been in there for 20 odd minutes until she got a text.
She didn't have time to check it before a familiar face walked through the door with a frustrated expression on her face.

"What's goin' on? Hm? What's the sudden interest in Soarin?" She crossed her arms and stood all her weight on one leg so her hip was more curved. "Why have you been avoidin' me!" She had her arms in the air while she was talking, crossing them again as she waited for an answer.
"You were the one who said you didn't want a relationship with me! Why are you mad?" Rainbow Dash responded with just as much frustration.
"No! I wanted this." Apple Jacks voice went wobbly "I wanted us to work." A tear streamed down her cheek.

Rainbow Dashes anger instantly left her body as she watched the girl fall apart.
"I didn't mean it. A word of it." Her voice was raspy and she looked frantic. "You're the complete opposite of selfish. You put everyone before you. I see that now.." she sniffled. "You were only trying to tell me how you were feeling." She faced away from Rainbow Dash "I'm sorry." She sobbed and hid her face in her hands.

She didn't know what to do. She just stood back while Apple Jack cried.
"Hey.." she gently placed a hand on Apple Jacks shoulder, but it didn't last for long as the girl spun around and wrapped her arms around Rainbow Dashes small frame.
"You had no idea how badly it hurt to see you with Soarin." She cried into her shoulder. "You seemed so okay." He voice wobbled and Rainbow felt her heart shatter.

"AJ.." she pat the back of the girls head. "He was there for me... you know, after that night. I was a wreck. God damn it, I still am! He's just a distraction! Shit that's why he's been around so much. If I'm left alone my head doesn't shut up and I completely break down." Rainbow Dash huffed and tears began to form in her eyes.

Apple Jack pulled away from the hug and stared the girl right in the eyes.
"So you told him? About us?" Her tone was undefinable. She didn't sound angry but she didn't sound curious, like it was a genuine question.
"He didn't know until that night." Rainbow Dash bowed her head. The blonde lifted her face to look at her.
"It's okay.." she said with a small smile "maybe it will take the stress of our relationship off your shoulders. You know.. having someone to talk to about it."

Rainbow Dashes eyes widened "You mean you still want to be my girlfriend?" And Apple Jack nodded. "Thank god." She hugged the girl tightly. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Apple Jack laughed softly and ran a hand up and down Rainbows back.
"Is there anything else we should talk about?" Apple Jack asked and Rainbow Dash contemplated telling her about her deed with Soarin.
"I-" she started and looked up at Apple Jack. "I'm sorry." She looked guilty. "I didn't even like it. I just wanted to feel wanted." She looked down at the floor.
"You slept with Soarin?" Apple Jack asked raising a brow.
"Well, no. Not quite that but I... sucked his thingy and he finished in my mouth." She scrunched up her face just remembering. "It was so gross."
Apple Jack snorted.
"Yeah that is gross." She fixed her hat and winked at her.

They both sat on the window sill together.
"What was it like?" Apple Jack asked after a comfortable silence.
"It wasn't fantastic." Rainbow Dash chose her words carefully. "And I regret it."
"I know you do Dash, I'm just curious. I've never had to do that before.

"Well I didn't like it. Not one bit. Okay, maybe the size difference between us when we were kissing." She spoke slowly and kind of muffled a bit. "But it wasn't exciting. It wasn't love like it is with you Apple Jack."
The country girl smiled and put her hand on Rainbow Dashes knee
"I love you Rainbow Dash." Apple Jack smiled sweetly.
"I love you too AJ." Rainbow Dash put her hand on top of Apple Jacks.