XVI.| Carolus Rex

Where the Targaryens die and only the young fifteen-year-old Aemond Targaryen is left to take the crown and fight against the enemies who want his throne.

Or where Aemond Targaryen shows that despite his age, he is ready to take the crown à la Carolus Rex.

"The royal circlet of bright gold rests lightly on my browI once thought only of the rights this circlet would endowBut once I took the crown to which I had been schooled and bredI found it heavy on the heart, though light upon the head"

I once thought only of the rights this circlet would endow
But once I took the crown to which I had been schooled and bred
I found it heavy on the heart, though light upon the head"

-The Cost of the Crown; Mercedes Lackey

All embrace me

Aemond Targaryen was born for war.

Aemond Targaryen was born to be King.

Aemond Targaryen was born to rule.

From a young age, Prince Aemond quickly proved to be a boy full of promise and potential. He had a strong and stubborn character that impressed and at the same time made those around him nervous. If he was given a task, it was almost impossible to dissuade him from achieving his goal. By those who trained him, he was taught to be a ruthless dragon to his enemies and a generous sheep to his people. On the other hand, it was his mother, Alicent Hightower, who taught him to have honor and piety. As the queen's last and youngest son, Aemond had more freedom, which he used to train.

He was known as an adventurous prince and an expert in the sword and military strategies. Not having a dragon did not stop him, Aemond learned to ride a horse, and to use not only the sword, but any weapon that was put in front of him. Many said it would be a second coming of his uncle, Prince Daemon Targaryen, the Rogue Prince.

This is how Aemond Targaryen lived for years, until a civil war broke out among the Targaryens, creating what historians in the future would call the Dance of Dragons. The Green Side of his brother Aegon against the Black Side of his half-sister Rhaenyra. As the family fought among themselves, Prince Aemond was sent to Oldtown for his protection while his family killed each other.