O5

ꕥ ˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚

Minutes pass, followed by what seemed like hours. Taerin was sitting in the waiting room for what seemed to be an eternity, until her friends, and his friends, all arrived, filling up the nearly empty room. She let out the breath she was holding, rubbing her tired eyes, before standing up to follow Wonyoung out, who had suggested she go and wash her face.

"We were so worried about you. Did you not check your phone?" Wonyoung said as she semi-dragged Taerin along.

"No, sorry. I'm not thinking straight."

"Fuck those teachers. I can't believe they didn't even bat an eye at the students who were right in the spotlight's line of fire. All they care about is that good-for-nothing principal who can't even grab a crowd's attention for more than 10 minutes." Chaewon angrily kicked a nearby wall. Taerin remained silent, obviously still fazed by the incident. Wonyoung placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry. I'll get a family friend to investigate this matter. The school will pay for resulting in a student being injured to such an extent."

"I swear if Jungwon had been one second late, you'd have died. Who the hell is inspecting the hall? How did it pass the safety test?" Chaewon huffed, crossing her arms. But all Taerin took from that was that she could have died. Yes, she would have died. And as such, Jungwon literally saved her life. But now, he was terribly injured. The image from the accident still lingered in her mind, and feeling suffocated, she quickly walked away to find some fresh air. This made Chaewon and Wonyoung stop their discussion about the accident. They just watched Taerin's retreating figure, knowing that she needed her own space.

Back in the waiting room, 5 other boys showed varying emotions. There was Jake, who was nervously pacing around the room; and Jay, who had his fist clenched, leaning against the wall, a mixture of anger, worry and sadness on his face; there was Sunghoon, whose thick eyebrows were furrowed, hands interlocked and tensed as he solemnly waited for the surgery to end; Sunoo, who had witnessed the incident on the frontlines, has started sobbing; and Ni-ki, who had his arm around Sunoo, fighting tears as well. Nobody said a word. The air felt thick and suffocating.

When the TV indicated that Jungwon's surgery had ended, all 5 boys stood up immediately, and rushed towards the operating theater he was in, passing by Wonyoung and Chaewon. The two girls exchanged looks, before running after the group, Chaewon calling Taerin to inform her about the news.

"How is he?" Taerin asked as soon as she had ran to the group, the doctor just taking his leave She was panting profusely, showing how hurriedly she got there.

"Luckily, the rod that pierced through his right leg didn't shatter the bone, though much of the muscle was damaged. His left leg was subdued to high force and x-ray scans showed that it was broken. He'd need 6 to 8 weeks to heal, or even longer if he doesn't pay heed to it. The doctor advises him not to move without assistance, and to remain in the hospital for at least 2 weeks. He suggested 3." Jay explained.

"3 weeks.... Okay that's fine. Where are they moving him?"

"To one of the rooms."

"Move him to private room."

"How?"

"Wonyoung."

"I'll go request. My father knows the director of this hospital." And the chaebol walked off.

"Does her father know every single person in the world?" Sunghoon asked.

"Perhaps, the more influential ones yes. Anyways, are Jungwon's parents coming?" Chaewon asked. The 5 boys exchanged certain looks, which told Chaewon that it was a touchy subject. "Or.... any of his family members?"