O6

ꕥ ˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚

"Chaewon, is it me or are a lot of people staring at me?" Taerin asked as the two walked down the hallway side by side. The girl who was super focused on her League of Legends game, immediately looked up, to see many cliques of students huddled together, whispering while pointing not-so-conspicuously at Taerin.

"No it's not you. They're definitely gossiping about you. You and Jungwon, that is."

"And how would you know that?"

"There was a post uploaded on the school's open forum. Someone managed to capture a video of the whole scene of Jungwon heroically saving your life and getting injured in the process, and captioned it: 'Are they dating, or does our president have a thing for our vice president?' There are like almost a thousand comments under it discussing the whole incident."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No here, look." Chaewon quickly logged onto the forum to show her the statistics.

"Okay, okay, I've seen enough. Geez.... I have no words. Let's just find Wonyoung and hope she has an update on the whole situation with the investigation and legal proceedings."

"Hm, she should be in class. That or she's threatening the principal at this instance."

"I'd believe the latter more than the first."

"Same. So, who sent you to school today?"

"My brother. He finally got his ass up early, but only because he's going to play basketball with his friends."

"Pfft. He's overprotective until his homies are around."

"The betrayal." Taerin shook her head, sighing. The two continued to make their way towards their classroom, ignoring all the stares and whispers that surrounded them - or just Taerin, for the matter. As expected, Wonyoung wasn't in class, which leaves just one place for her to be. The two just exchanged knowing looks and shrugged, used to their friend's antics. They took their respective seats, where Taerin took a book out for some leisure reading and for her own peace of mind.

However, her peace was soon interrupted by 3 unwelcomed guests to their class of relatively chill or nerdy students. Their ringleader, who was notorious for constantly confessing to Jungwon despite the endless rejections. In essence, harrassing him. Taerin barely gave them a look before attempting to ignore them, until her book was snatched out of her hands.

"I was reading that."

"Yeah of course you were, you nerd. Now answer me this, are you and Jungwon dating? No, right?" The ringleader, whose name Taerin never bothered remembering, asked, looming over her with both hands on her desk.

"No, we are not. But even if we were, that's none of your business, isn't it?"

"Of course it is my business! I'm not letting Jungwon date some nerdy, average-looking girl, when I exist!"

"Wow, that's the best insult you could come up with? You certainly live up to your name regarding your intellect, that is, the lack thereof it."

"You-!"

"Let me put it simply, girl-whose-name-I-don't-care-to-find-out, Jungwon would rather date a nerdy, average-looking girl who has great career prospects due to her intellect, rather than a pretty girl who only knows how to alter the length of our already short school skirts, or put on makeup to school, and go around picking on people rather than study. I'm sure any sane guy would choose such a girl over you, unless they want it easy of course."