chapter 8 | the idol

-ˏˋ winter, New York

Minjee had always danced where others walked.

Literally.

It had been like that for as long as she could remember. Twirling, sidestepping and doing pirouettes whenever she had the chance. Graceful, but dramatic at times.

She loved to make her friends laugh, and if she had to do something silly to get a giggle out of them, she would do it. Just like she was doing right now.

Belle's familiar chuckle danced in the air, along with Minjee's giggles. The latter was making some dramatic moves while they walked side by side towards their favorite cafe in the city, knowing that Elena and Yuna were already there.

It was a Sunday, so the streets were busy, but that didn't stop the ballerina. She had gotten used to the busy throngs of people, and usually, they minded their own business. Especially now in winter, where everyone was bundled up and rushing to get somewhere warm.

Not the ballerina's, though.

The two of them had gone to the studio on their day off, both dedicated dancers had wanted to perfect some moves. Their faces were flushed from the extra exercise they had gotten, tingling against the cold air.

While Belle chuckled, Minjee felt like a complete winner. A broad smile decorated her face, dimples on full display. Her long, dark hair bounced around her as she moved to the song in her head.

It had been the same few songs for a while now. Unfamiliar, but she had loved them nonetheless. One in particular had been sticking in her mind.

Changing from her dramatic moves to more elegant ones, she started to hum the tunes to it.

Recognizing the song that Minjee was humming, Belle suddenly stopped in her tracks.

Coming to a halt a few steps ahead, Minjee turned around with raised eyebrows. She was met with a pair of widened eyes.

Belle's shocked expression puzzled Minjee. Frowning, she tilted her head a little, silently asking what was wrong.

After blinking a few times, Belle stepped forward and placed both of her hands on her friend's shoulders.