chapter 16 | meeting the family

-ˏˋ winter, new york

The morning light filtered softly through the curtains of Minjee's apartment, gently illuminating the cozy space. As New York awoke, still basking in the aftermath of the Grammys, two soulmates were already up and preparing to head out for the day.

Minjee, standing before the mirror, was dressed and ready for her family brunch. It was a tradition as old as her ballet career, meant to celebrate major achievements and performances together. And her family loved to celebrate with food.

The ballerina didn't mind that at all. Loving her father's cooking.

Running her fingers through her dark waves, she felt nerves flutter through her stomach. Looking at her reflection, she noticed the persistent blush covering her cheeks.

Would she ever stop blushing around her soulmate?

The pink color had yet to fade, being present ever since they had woken up intertwined earlier that morning. The memory brought a warm, fluttering feeling to her heart.

Minjee had woken up first, with Jimin's arms gently wrapped around her, while her face was pressed against his chest. Waking up on the couch had never been this comfortable before.

The proximity had startled her awake, causing her to hurriedly stand up and, in the process, wake him. Fortunately, he didn't comment on her flushed face, though his knowing look said enough.

After allowing Jimin to freshen up first, giving her some time to collect herself, she got ready herself. They found themselves back in the living room shortly after.

Jimin's voice, calm and soothing, filled the room as he spoke on the phone, informing Mr. Lee that they were ready to be picked up.

Through the mirror, Minjee watched him pace by the couch. Jimin's casual appearance, the way his blond hair now fell softly over his forehead, his face bare and stunningly beautiful, caught her off guard every time.

Dressed in comfortable, yet somehow stylish, casual attire, they both were ready for the day ahead.

Minjee pondered how her family would react to Jimin. She had already informed her mom about bringing her soulmate, which had been met with enthusiasm. Her mother had been over the moon, saying that he was more than welcome to join.