chapter 19 | connections

-ˏˋ winter, new york

'When are you gonna be here?'

'Calm down, I'm on my way.'

'Well, hurry up.'

Minjee rolled her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips as she navigated the crowded sidewalk of New York.

The hustle of the city swirled around her, as she balanced multiple trays of coffee and drinks in her hands. The crisp morning air nipped at her cheeks as she walked. Today she was hanging out with her soulmate and his band members, as both were enjoying a break from their schedule.

The playful banter with Jimin flowed through their connection, his voice buzzing with impatience.

'Someone's eager this morning,' she sent back.

'Can you blame me? I miss you.'

Holding the trays a bit more securely, the ballerina allowed herself a moment to bask in the newfound excitement that bubbled inside her.

Ever since their last, quite literal, dance together, knowing that Jimin truly reciprocated her feelings added a spring to her step that not even the busy city streets could disrupt.

As she approached the hotel, her nerves tingled with anticipation. Just days ago, she had walked through these doors feeling uncertain, not knowing what to expect. Now, she returned with a confident stride, the warmth of his affection wrapping around her like a tangible cloak.

Navigating through the lobby, she caught the eye of a few staff members who noted her balancing the many trays of drinks. Minjee offered a polite smile as she walked up to the elevators.

Pressing the button, she waited, her thoughts drifting to the last time she was here.

The elevator dinged softly, the doors sliding open to welcome her. As she stepped inside, she sent a quick update.

'Almost there. Hold your horses.'

The ride up felt slower than usual, each floor passing with a soft beep that echoed her increasing heartbeat.