6.

Seoul, at the apartment
7:30am

bzzt bzzt

Damn, I'm so tired.

I greeted Sakura hastily and rushed trought the apartment.
After what happened yesterday, I hope I don't run into Yunjin.

////flashback////

As I was leaning to kiss her, I felt a hand on my mouth.

"What are you doing?" Yunjin asked, in a tone I couldn't describe.

I was shocked and embarassed when she rejected my attempt at a kiss.

"Don't tell me you were trying to kiss me?" she asked while smirking, obviously teasing me.

////end of flashback////

I thought it was something we both wanted in that moment; I mean, the atmosphere was great, wasn't it?
Oh, what a situation!
It was the first time we had met and it was understandable for her to reject my advances.
I had been too hasty in assuming that feeling was mutual, as she had been friendly and kind towards me all day.

But... Who is usually that friendly to somebody they just met?
It's not entirely her fault either, as I should have been more aware of the situation.

I must have looked foolish attempting to kiss her..
And I'm sure I made us both feel rather uncomfortable.

It was an embarassing mistake on my part.

--

When I dashed into the class, I quickly scanned the packed lecture hall for Kazuha.
I wondered if she had arrived before me and held a seat for me.

And when I finally spotted her, she had two girls leaning in on either side of her to talk to her.
Thank you Kazuha, huh.

As I walked down the aisle searching for an open seat, I convinced myself to put what happened yesterday behind and look ahead, since i cannot change it.
In the future I will gather the courage to apologise for my behavior.

However, this moment I am not ready to face her yet.

"Chaewon."

While searching, someone suddenly called my full name.

I halted and saw...

Yunjin at the far end, waving me down to the open seat next to her.

"Chaewon, come here, I saved you a seat."

Here we go, speaking of the devil..

--

"Mh, thanks for saving me a seat." I said, unsure of what was actually happening.
I tried my best to act like nothing happened.
"I'm surprised they aren't swarming you either." I said, trying to break the ice.
"It wouldn't be long before they discover you." I then added laughing.

I can’t believe that she actually paid attention to what I said yesterday to Kazuha.

It's like she knew it would be unconfortable coming in here with nowere to sit.

"Nah, they aren't my type."
I instantly wondered if I was her type.
I mean- she did save me the seat and not someone else.
"They did swarm her, but she scared them off." One of my classmates interrupted.

He was sitting on the other side of Yunjin.
I don't remember his name, maybe Jay..? But he's pretty much our class know-it-all.
He's in everyone's business.

"It's not a big deal, I heard you telling Soobin to save you one, and I figured out I could help you out." Yunjin said.
She started to take off her leather jacket and I could see her amazing body type.

She's not thin, she looked fit and healthy.

I remember Kazuha saying that she played basketball with her back home.
I wonder if she'll be playing for the university..
Before I could ask, professor Lee came in.

Everyone began quieting down as we watched him starting the class..
"Welcome to foreign language communication and management class."

"I hope you're all in the right class."

"My assistant is handing out today's assignment, please take one and pass it down."

"You all know how to read, you wouldn't have made it this far if you couldn't. It's your responsibility to read it yourselves and do what is required of you."

"With communication and management, you're gping to be thrown into a situation with people you haven't met.."
While the professor was speaking, the stack of paper arrived to me, and as I took one, I passed it to Yun.
".. And you're going to be required to come back with the best possible answers you can get from them."

" You'll need to learn how to ask questions, good questions, on the spot."

"We'll just do a small exercise today to pratice this."

"Everyone turn around and pick a partner, no crossing in the room, just pick someone next to you."

"Aks them as many questions as you can think, in french of course, to keep the conversation rolling."

"You need to be able to keep up a dialogue."

"I don't need you to write this all down, because I don't have the time to read it."

"I just want you to get comfortabke talking to someone you don’t know, in french."

"And asking questions you wouldn't otherwise ask if you weren't working. Now start."

Yunjin turned her body to face mine in her seat.

"Partner?"

~

.
.
.
.
.

836 words ♥️