8.

The class ended after one hour and a half, and everyone started getting up and packing their bag.

"Oh, hey, since we're neighbors and probably study partners as well.. I should give you my number."
Yunjin said while picking up a pen.

"Oh okay, wait, I'll pick a piece of paper so you can write it down." As I was about to open my backpack again, she grabbed my hand in hers and wrote her number into my palm slowly with black ink.
The metal tip of the ink pen tickled as it etched across my hand.

Knowing it was going to be short-lived, I just let her do it and enjoyed the feeling of my hand in hers.
I watched each stroke she made.
It was only a series of numbers, but I could tell she had nice handwriting.

"Don't wash it until you save it."

"Uh, thanks. I'll text you later with my number." I said looking at my now 'inked' palm.

"Come on, let's go."
She stood up ready to leave the classroom... And I realised how tall she actually was.

My eyes followed up her long body.
She definetly had an atletic body with a playground of muscles underneath those clothes.

"Heyyy"
I separated my gaze from her as I heard a voice.

"Hi beautiful, you're the new student, right?"

"I'm Eunji, nice to meet you."
I understood what was about to happen and I decided that I wouldn't be hearing my classmates speaking of me. So I got up to leave.
And as I was about to do so, Eunji got into my way.

"Are you really not curious about what I have to say, Chae?"
That snake said.
I turned around to find Yunjin's gaze on me.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." I called out to Yun as I walked away from them.

"She dared to ignore me, that bitch" Eunji whispered under her breath. Tsk.

"Wait, Chaewon!" Yunjin said.
I could only guess it was something along the lines 'stay away from the school slut'.

Even thought I'm used to these situations, I hope Yunjin won't be too traumatized by their words..
.. And by me, who I really am.

I turned the corner to walk off to my last class of the day.
And an arm suddenly came around my neck.

I caught a whiff of man's cologne.

"Hi Chaechae~" It was Yeonjun.

"You smell nice sunbae. Are you finally wearing clean clothes?"

"Aw, come on Chae. I'm not that bad."
Yeonjun said, frowning.

"Besides, I heard we have media studies together.
Come si by me, please?"
He begged while looking down at me with his sweet puppy-dog face.

We continued across the quad to the media building and he kept his arm around my shoulder.

"Chaewon-ah"
I heard someone calling out my name from behind.

I turned around and saw, Yunjin.

Yunjin jogged up to us.

She stopped in fron of me, but had her eyes on Yeonjun.

I usually don't mind getting touchy or feely in public, that's why Yeonjun wouldn't know.

But I was starting to feel uncomfortable with his arm around me so possessively..
Under Yunjin's scrutiny.

She pulled her eyes away from Yeonjun and toward me.
She's probably wondering if we're an item.

The assumption would be so otrageous that I didn't even bother clearing it up for her.

She'll soon learn about me from someone in this uni, I'm sure..

"Sorry Chaewon, that was rude of me. I didn't mean to just cut you off. I was not expecting them to come at us."

"It's really not-"

"Chaewon? Is that your full name? How the hell did I not know this?"
Yeonjun interruped harshly, looking pissed that this new girl could know more that he did.

I shrugged out of his hold so I could face both of them at the same time.

"Guys, it's Chae, call me Chae. I haven't been Chaewon in a long time."
I stressed, looking back and forth between them.

"By the way Yun, he's Yeonjun. And sunbae, she is Yunjin, Huh Yunjin."
They both nodded at each other.

I started walking to my class, instead of continuing the awkward staring contest that was happening there.

I turned the corner of the building and walked faster..
As expected, both of them followed along.

"We don't have another class together, don't we, Yun?"

"No, I'm down the hallway in fine arts, but I wish we did" she said.
I just stared at her.

"alright well, I'll see you around at home then."
She started walking, but then she stopped to whisper in my ear.
"Later, Chaewon."

At that, I blushed like crazy. Her voice was deep and mesmerizing.
I would literally pay money just to hear her talking to me all day.

~

.
.
.
.
.

806 words ♥️