7.

In foreign language classes we had been studying two languages: french and english.

Today's lesson was focused on french communication and management.

Generally, students were usually able to choose wich second language to study.

However, at our university, it was all a requirement for all students to participate in french lessons, as our university was the only french art university in Seoul.

I have been saving money throughout my teenage years in order to attend this school.

I have been working diligently to recieve a scholarship that covers almost half of the tuition fee.

The university is costly, but I believe it will set me up with a strong foundation and a secure future in the art industry world, both domestically and internationally.

"Chaewon, partners?"
She asked, and I nodded my head.
I wasn't sure in I wanted this gorgeous girl to ask me a bunch of personal questions.
She seemed too observant.

On the other half, I was interested in getting to know more about her.

"Um, excuse me, you should be my partner, seeing as I don't have anyone on the other side of me." Jay, or John, I don't know and onestly don't care much, said, in a pissed tone.

"Chae can be her partner."
The 'whatever name' classmate said gesturing at the girl on my right, who clearly was already in a deep conversation with the guy in front of her.

"Nope, sorry man. I'm definetly going to sit here and enjoy getting to know Chaewon here."
She said while smiling, not even giving him a glance.

The 'whatever name' guy was clearly getting upset that he couldn't get his assignement started.
"You. If you want to get into her pants it's not hard. You don’t need to sit here and 'get to know her."

At that I kind of grimaced and got upset.

"She'll give it up without the twenty questions." the nerd continued.

Then he started to stand up and walk to find a partner.. When Yunjin grabbed his arm stopping his ascent.

Yunjin's hand clasped his arm.
She looked totally innocent..
.. Until I noticed 'Jay' or wathever guy grimacing.
"Chill out, this isn't even a graded assignment." She said.

I realised that maybe Yunjin was squeezing him a bit hard.
She didn't appear to be angry.
The only thing I could see that would give away her ire at that dude's words was the tension in her jaw and the steely gaze she gave him.

"Now, apologize to Chaewon."
Was she really sticking up for me?

I should probably stop her because it's not like he spoke an untruth.
To be honest, his comment didn't even faze me.
I learned to block out any irritation towards the 'slut remark' back in freshman year.
So her defense is purely unnecessary.

"It's fine, Yun. Don't worry about it."
I said while touching her arm, trying to calm her down.

"And you man, no hard feeling, but go find another partner."
I whispered to both of them trying not to pull any other attention towards us.
Exasperated, the guy let out an annoyed sigh before he spoke.

"Sorry Chae, I shouldn't have said that."
Then he turned to face Yunjin and shrugged off his now red knuckled grip on his arm.
"Chill out. You don’t even know who she is!"
Yunjin continued glaring at him.
And then he walked away quickly.

Yunjin turned back towards me and looked me in the eyes for a couple of seconds.
I'm not sure what she was looking for, maybe to see if I was upset over what that guy said.

I stressed, while she was still staring at me.
"Thank you for defending me, but it really wasn't necessary.."

"It's not okay for any guy to talk to a girl like that."

"I don't care if what he said was true or false." She said to me.

"What he said was true." I said, looking down my paper.

"I'm sure since you're talking to me, half of our classmates will crowd you after class just to let you know my reputation."

"I don't care what your reputation is, most of us don't have good ones anyway."

She said looking at her notebook instead of me.

Then she shook her head slightly as if she was clearing it and turned her gaze at me again.

"Let's do the assignment."

Time flew.

The lesson passed in a flash, talking to Yunjin,and her french accent was exceptional, she spoke like a true native.

I had learned that Yunjin was a transfer student fron America with a full scholarship and had been playing basketball with her brother and Kazuha since junior year in highschool.

But she told me she had to take two years off to work on some personal issues.

She seemed uncomfortable talking about them.

~

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

806 words ♥️