4

One and a half week later

Ariana grande👏:
Ugh finally, twenty minutes before I'm off

Old Nag👀:
Do you want me to come get you?

Ariana grande👏:
No, it's okay. I don't have a bag on me today and the weather isn't terrible. It shouldn't take me long

Old Nag👀:
Let me know if you change your mind and if not tell me when you leave.

Ariana grande👏:
Okay mom

Ariana grande👏:
Leaving work now

Miyu sat on the couch, phone in hand and tv on a random cartoon.

Ever since that man showed up, not once but twice; she couldn't relax when Airi was walking alone.

Her phone began to buzz as she answered it in a heartbeat. "Are you okay? Is he following you again?"

"Relax, it's been a week and a half. He probably gave up. I just called to tell you that I am about half way now, but my phone is going to die and I need my flashlight."

"Oh, okay. Just try to hurry up. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye."

Five minutes went by...

Ten minutes..

Twenty minutes..

Miyu paced the room, hitting call. The phone continued to buzz, growing her anxiety by tons each time.

Going to voicemail, she hurried to get on her shoes and jacket. Looking at the time, she decided to wait ten more minutes before going out to look for her.

She rushed out the door just six minutes later, unable to wait a full ten. She began the path she was told. Knowing about three ways to get to Airis work, she hoped she had the right one.

She was more than half way when she began freaking out, running the rest of the way to take another path.

She dialed her friends number, struggling to see the screen because of her tears.

"Hey guurrrlllll, what's up?"

In a rushed and crying tone, Miyu told Kimiko that Airi has not returned from work and her phone has died. Now on the third and last route she knew about, she loudly sobbed as something shiny on the ground peaked her attention.

Airi's glittery blue and green phone case.

Kimiko told Miyu she was on the way, insisting the other go home until she arrived.

Of course as expected, Miyu denied. She continued to look around, not seeing any other way out of the small alleyway.

After about twenty minutes, Kimiko managed to find a distraught Miyu.

"Yah are you crazy?!? It's too dangerous to still be out here!!!" She scolded, placing both hands on her shoulders. "Let's look around a bit more, then if we don't find her we will go to the police. Just don't go off on your own."

-

That night, Kimiko returned home with Miyu after making a missing persons report. The girl ordered food, insisting that Miyu ate;

Which she denied.

Two days later

  She sighed, leaning against the counter as she waited for the water to boil. "I don't know. I am worried about Airi... I didn't know Miyu would plummet like this."

  Yukari huffed on the other end of the call. "Well, do your best. She can't find her sister after all. I'll be over tonight to switch so you can go back to work."

  After ending the call, Kimiko had to bite her lip to stop herself from crying. She could see how Yukari kept her mask on, but this was devastating to all of them.

  Airi was cherished by her friend group. Kimiko, as well as the twins Akari and Yukari, no one had gotten much sleep since she went missing.

  She poured the tea, placing all the food on a tray to bring to Miyu in her room.

  She just sat up in bed, staring at the wall.

  "Three days.. she hasn't.. come back." She weakly whispered.

  Setting the tray down, she scooped up some soup, bringing it to the girls lips. "Please eat, Mimi. She will be back.. we just have to stay hopeful."

-