Chapter 21: My Future with Him

After Lance's proposal and our celebration in the woods, we hesitantly went to the hospital to get checked out. We both ended up getting lots of bandages and I was back in my wheelchair, but we were proud warriors. Every injury and scar that remained would be a reminder for the rest of our lives that we fought for each other.

The next day contrasted greatly with the joy I felt the day before.

"We are here to honor an alpha who loved and defended his family. Mr. Francisco left behind a wonderful wife and daughter for us to cherish. We will now hear from them." My alpha stepped down from the stand and Lance pushed my wheelchair in front of a microphone. I took it in my hands and felt Lance's hand holding mine. I smiled at him and started speaking.

"I love my dad very much." After the first sentence, I started sobbing and someone handed me tissues. I wiped my eyes and continued.

"I could always turn to him for a shoulder to cry on and advice. He loved my mom so much that there were times he couldn't express it. I miss him so much." I rested the microphone down on a stand and Lance gave me a hug.

He took the microphone and started speaking.

"He was my alpha, but he was also a father figure to me. He taught me so much, including how special his daughter was to him. She has become special to me too and I will cherish her forever." Lance kissed my knuckles and I leaned into his chest.

Lance chuckled in my ear. "Sorry if my speech was better." I hit his chest playfully and he brought me to sit by my mother. She gave me a big hug before she walked up to the microphone.

"I miss Daniel, but he left me with something or rather someone to remember him by." My mom looked at me with pride and her eyes shimmered with tears.

"When I see my daughter and her mate, it reminds me of how Daniel treated me. He respected me and loved me with all of his heart. I know he touched many of your hearts too. I will always cherish our time together and I hope you do too. Thanks for coming." My mom reached out for the tissues and dabbed her eyes.

The funeral concluded and we left. My father's body was never found, but we buried a casket in his honor with pictures of him and his loved ones.

Lance stayed with me the whole time and took us back to our temporary apartment. We were going to get married in two weeks and move to a nicer apartment.

"Thanks for today, handsome." I kissed Lance on the lips, and he laid me gently on the bed.

"Anything for you, beautiful," he responded.

The next two weeks flew by quickly. My mom had just helped me into my wedding gown, and I was eyeing myself in the mirror. Bruises and scars were all over me, but I didn't try to hide them. Lance loved me. All of me.

I reached for my mom's hands, and she walked me down the aisle. My sparkling white dress reached the ground and Lance smiled when he saw me. I was glowing and the sight of Lance made me blush. He was perfect. He made me feel perfect.

"Do you take this woman, Laura Francisco, to be your wife?" my alpha asked.

"Yes," Lance confidently replied.

"Do you take this man, Lance Knight, to be your husband?" I smiled at Lance and responded with every fiber of my body.

"Yes."

"With the love and light of the Moon Goddess, may she bless you. You may kiss each other."

Lance kissed me passionately and I wrapped my arms around his neck for support. I loved Lance Knight with all of my heart forever and always.

"I love you," he whispered just for me to hear.

"I love you most," I whispered back, and he chuckled.

"That's my line."

We kissed once more and the doors to the pack house opened abruptly.

"Get your hands off her, you pig!" Steven screamed. I rolled my eyes and there was a loud gunshot. I saw Lance had a gun in his hand and was blowing off the smoke.

"I always wanted to do that," he confessed, and I laughed. Everyone cheered us on, and everything was perfect.

What was a wedding without a little murder?

"Ready for our honeymoon?" Lance asked and I nodded. He lifted me up and carried us to his new car.

"I love you, honey. See you when you get back!" my mother shouted.

I blew her a kiss and leaned on Lance's shoulder as we drove to Arizona. We didn't want to go too far from home and Lance insisted the sunset was magical, so I agreed.

When we reached our destination, the sun was starting to set. We walked over to a bench and admired the beautiful hues in the sky.

Lance was staring at me intensely and I knew what he wanted. I leaned towards him and kissed him with all of my love for him.

He was my handsome mate who had helped me recover from so much heartache. He was there for me during the darkest points of my life, and he did not abandon me. I vowed to myself I would never abandon him again.

I loved Lance Knight, and he loved me too. All of me belonged to him and he belonged to me.

We watched the sunset, and I rested my head in his lap.

"Get your rest, beautiful. Tonight, you are all mine." Lance kissed me once more on the lips and I smiled.

He was perfect. Perfect for me. My equal. My love.

My everything.

*Author's note:

Thanks for reading! I hope you loved this book as much as I loved writing it.