Chapter 2, Luca

3 months before Sarah

"Ah fuck." I grit through my teeth. Digging out bullets were never easy, but this one planted in my thigh smarts like a bitch. As im trying to dig out this fucking piece of metal from my thigh, my brother and my right hand man Ricky is digging one out of his shoulder. What was supposed to be a night out of fun, turned into a shoot out with the Russians. I lost 2 of my best soldiers, and im pissed. My captain, Enzo, comes down the stairs of my penthouse and brings us first aid kit.

"Fuck, that looks bad boss." He says staring down at my bloodied leg. Not meeting his eyes, "Yeah no shit, why dont you give me a hand with this before i shoot you in the leg and see how well you handle it."

He chuckles in his chest before leaning over to snatch the forceps out for my hand. If i wasnt so god damn annoyed and losing more blood then my heart can pump, i would have connected my fist to his nose by now.

"When you're done helping your queen over there, maybe you can stitch me up princess." Ricky snarls as he places the forceps with the bullet onto a tray. "Shut up, you can stitch yourself up. Don't be a bitch." I replied.

He takes a long swig of my very expensive whiskey before he stands and stalks over to us. Enzo currently digging into my thigh like hes trying to find directions to a woman's clit or something. "Jesus Christ Enzo, you're going to ruin his fucking leg. Move." Ricky shouts. He shoves Enzo out of the way, ripping out the intrustment before slamming it back down into my leg. I yell out, slamming my first onto the marble island in my kitchen.

"If you werent my brother Ricky.." I start. A smirk grows on his face, "If i wasnt your brother what?"

I grab him by the collar, "Shut up and just get this fucking thing out of me before i shove my fist down your throat."

His eyes not leaving mine, he wrenching the damn thing out of my leg and a vocabulary of curses leave my lips like it was my own language. I snatch up the half empty bottle of whiskey and down the rest of it in two gulps.

"Ah dont be pussy, and say thank you." He folds his arms, wincing as he does it. Smug little prick.

"Fuck you. Thats the closest you're going to get." I grab the needle and start stitching my leg. "Here I'll stitch comapagno." Enzo says with a grin shaking his head. Just as Enzo starts, my damn phone rings. I finish the last stitch and snatch up my phone. The name on my phone instantly gets me to my feet.

"Veronica, where are you? Are you safe?"

Mine and Ricky's younger sister Veronica was out with us tonight, but we made sure she got out before the bullets started flying. My second in command, Tony, helped us get her out in time. He takes orders from Enzo when RIcky and i are indisposed.

I place the call on speaker phone, Ricky rolling his eyes as soon as he hears our sisters voice. "Yes, im safe. Are you safe?"

Ricky and Veronica are twins, they hate eachother for the most part, but would kill for each other to keep them safe. One time Ricky broke the arm of her first boyfriend because he told her she was ugly. My sister is anything but ugly, if Ricky didnt take care of him, i surely would. And he wouldnt be walking around either, he would be fish food at the bottom of the ocean right now.

"Yes we're safe." I replied.

"Didnt even bother to ask about me huh?" Ricky snaps. "Well i dont really care about your safety. You're a big boy, you can take care of yourself."

"Yeah and if you werent there maybe i wouldnt have a hole in my shoulder trying to protect your spoiled princess ass." He shouts back. "Oh fuck you Ricky, you know what-."