Chatper 23, Sarah

As luca is driving us to my families villa, my nerves have kicked into hard drive. Ive never met my uncle Elio before. Didnt even know he existed til a couple months ago. I haven't seen my nonno Gino in 15 years. He turns 80 this year, i cant for the life of me remember his birthday. I should probably find that out today.

Pulling up to huge iron gates, beautiful trees framing the entire villa. This place looks like a resort rather then a family home, but given my families history, i guess this is a bare minimum. Luca presses the buzzer on the call box, and the gates slowly start to open. I noticed the security cameras on either side of the entrance. Are mafia families always this paranoid? One would think that i would understand their paranoia given i was kidnapped in broad daylight not 2 months before. Call me cynical.

When we got to the front door, i seen two men standing at the top of the steps. Both tall and brute looking, but their suits and styled hair said differently. They kind of remind me of Luca, only luca's hair is jet black and has the lightest most beautiful grey eyes ive ever seen. I turn to him, he gives me a small smile before he gets out. A butler or maybe a maid, opens my door and I try my best getting out, but with Luca's choice of rental cars. Im pretty sure you dont need a 2024 Lamborghini Revuelto, to drive around meeting family. Although maybe if i wasn't pregnant with twins I would have asked him to let me drive it.

The two men and body guards descend the stairs has the head in our direction. Ricky appears at his side as Matteo stands off in a distance. Jackson makes his way to my side, giving me a small hug for assurance. I tilt my head up to him, his gaze trained on the men coming to greet us. I lightly nudge him and he turns down at me, giving me a smile only i know as 'Yes Marie, Im okay.' He gave me that look when he told me he was leaving Michelle, and then again when i asked if he was happy with Vero. Which in thought, I've never actually seen him this happy, not even when he first met Michelle. I love that hes happy.

Luca's grip on my waist tightening a bit, causing me to snap my eyes forward. These 4 men are all as tall as luca and my brother, i suddenly feel like im surrounded by giants. "Ciao, im Elio and this is my enforcer Alessio. The men behind me are my captains Eric and Fabiano. You must be Jackson and Sarah." The tall guy in the middle has his green eyes train on me, and on Jackson like hes trying to study us. I cant help but see how similar he looks to photos of my nonno. Its like hes his twin, even his deep somber voice sounds like him.

Stepping forward, Jackson grabs my arm. I turn to him, "Its okay." He releases me, and I turn back to Elio, reaching my hand forward, "Its nice to meet you, uncle." emphasizing the last word, he stares at me for a moment before a smile creeps on his face. The wrinkles at the corner of his eyes, and the grey hair on each side of his hair, but if you ask me, he looks no more then 35 than 47.

"You look so much like my sister, but you have my mothers gentle eyes." He says with a flicker of her in his expression. I miss my nonna too.

"We dont talk to our mother much these days." Jackson says coming up behind me. He stares firmly at Elio as if to size him up. I shake my head, men.

  "It seems to be that you and Alessio could be brothers." Elio jokes. It is funny how Alessio and Jackson look so much alike, only Jackons hair is more a dirty blond and Alessio is bright blond, kind of like his mother, Anna.

Jackson laughs, "I guess that really proves we are family then huh?" They all fell into a light chuckle, but i was trying to see the men behind them. Elio turns his head, "These are your cousins Sarah, Eric is Alessio half brother, and Fabiano is my boy. He just turn 24, hes married with 2 kids of his own."

Wow, 2 kids at just 24 and here i am 26 with my first pregnancy. I really need to catch up on this life.

"I also have two daughters, Francesca and Lucia. They're inside and cant wait to meet both of you."