part 22

Neetika closed the doors of their bedroom behind her and turned to look at the sofa. She knew Akansh would have fallen asleep till now, with Prince over him and there would be no sheet or quilt over them to protect them from the changing weather.

As she turned, she found the couch empty. Prince was sleeping soundly on the bed, secured by couple of pillows but there was no sign of Akansh in the room. The door to balcony was open so Neetika walked over.

She found Akansh working on his laptop and she immediately came near him. "Why are you working here? Come inside, the weather is not good. "

Akansh simply nodded at her and asked for two minutes, dismissing Neetika. She waited for him in the room but when he didn't come, she took the duvet and wrapped it around him.

Akansh looked at her, perplexed and confused but Neetika sat beside him and crossed her legs, covering herself with the duvet too. "Work should not stop, keep working! Right now it's just one, the entire night is left. Work more, na.. " She told with a feign innocence.

Akansh understood the mockery behind her sugary voice and shook his head, saving his work before closing it. "I was just... "

"I know, it's fine. " Neetika assured and silence took over as the two sat, enjoying each other's solitude.

"I'm not asking you to love her or be the most charming son to her, I cannot. I have no right. But the least I can request you to do is, please don't disrespect her. " Neetika broke the ice between them, looking at the sky and Akansh looked at her.

"I never disrespected her, I've always maintained the decorum as her son, and made sure to never disclose the things in public. " Akansh defended himself, thinking she was accusing him.

"I'm not blaming you or accusing you, I do not what happened between you two. Nor am I asking you to tell me. I just want you to be cordial with her. You don't have any idea how hurtful your ignorance is, for her. "

"And you don't know how hurtful she has been to me. Because I never showed it like her. I knew she will play this victim card, that was the reason why I asked you to be away from her. But no, you could not. " Akansh replied back. He didn't like how Neetika was taking a stand for someone whom he dislikes so much.

"She did not played any card, for God sake. The hurt is visible in her eyes, words ain't need to express that. " Akansh mockingly huffed and Neetika fumed even more. "Eyes do not speak lies. "

"It's fine. I'm the villain okay? I have no problem with it, now go to your bed and sleep. " Akansh tried to let go the matter, knowing he will not back off and so will Neetika. This will only result to an argument, which he didn't want to involve in.

"No it's not fine, you always think that everyone is accusing you. At least try to express you point of view.. "

"My point of view will not matter, Neetika. Go and sleep! " Akansh was adamant to avoid the topic while Neetika was determined to convince Akansh to stop being so cruel to his own mother.

By her constant bickering, Akansh was being pushed to the edge of his anger. "Stop defending her! If you love her so much, be with her. Do not ask me to love her! "

"I'm not asking you to love her, I'm just saying don't disrespect her. I am seeing it from starting. "

"No you ain't. " He shouted, not able to control himself. "If you had seen it, you wouldn't be here defending her! She is the takes woman I have ever seen, I.. I just hate her! "

Neetika could see the battle in his eyes. He didn't want to hate his mother, but he was deliberately saying it. To convince himself that he really hates his mother. "Mothers can never be so bad that their own children will hate them! "