part 18

"Mom? " Neetika wandered before she realised that the lady who was looking at them with teary eyes and tensed face, was his mom.

"Neeche utaariye! " She whispered, patting his back and Akansh nodded before placing her carefully on the bed.

Akansh masked his tension and took a deep breath before turning to his mom.
"How did you come here? "

"Why will not I? " His mother, Vaani retorted back, rushing to him and running her fingers in his hair. She looked at him lovingly.

"Tell me, " She questioned again. "Why will I not come here to find my son, when he didn't return his home from three whole days? "

Neetika's eyes widened and she looked at Akansh with shock, whereas Akansh simply looked blank at his mother.

"Answer me, Akansh! "

"What should I answer? " He finally spoke. "It was not like I was going to kill myself--" He was stopped by his mother's light yet tight slap.

"Maar dungi tujhe, agar ye sab bola toh!" She angrily told.

Neetika who was looking at them, noticed Prince changing his sleeping position. She took him in her arms and patted him to sleep, while making his head rest on her chest.

"Why are you here? " Akansh repeated gis question and his mother now looked hurt.

"Tujhe dekhne aayi thi. Teri gaadi track ki, toh pata chala yahan hai tu, toh aagyi. Galat kiya kya kuch? "

"Haa, aapko koi zarurat nahi mujhe dhundhne ki. Dhyan rakhna aata hai mujhe apna. "

"Dikh raha hai kitna dhyan rakhna aata hai. " She taunted. "Aakhe dekh kitni sujhi hain, or kitna patla ho gya tu! "

"Stop behaving like you care mom! " The frustration dripped his voice and his mother looked agitated at his behavior.

"Because I do care. I care if my son --" She was interrupted when a group of people made their presence known to them.

Akansh looked at them and found the old couple (the landlords), his father, the watchman and some more people who looked curiously at the drama.

The atmosphere turned heavy and tensed, as Akansh realised what drama he was creating in the public.

Although he was not in good terms with his family, but he never wanted to disrespect them in public and tarnish their 'well-reputed' image.

The old man took a step when no one seemed to speak a word, and placed his query to Akansh and Neetika. "You said, you don't have a family other than each other, then who are these? "

Neetika looked at Akansh who rubbed his forehead and thought to speak the truth. "I lie---"

"We lied. " Akansh interrupted and passed her a look . Neetika shut her mouth and stood in a corner with Prince who was, now, snuggling to her her mother, afraid of the loud noises.

Neetika was continuously trying to assure the baby that she was with him, and he is safe.

"They are my parents. " Akansh pointed at his mother and father. "But we do not share a good relation, so we shifted."

"Shifted or left? " The old lady questioned, with her authoritative tone.

"You youngsters don't shift, you leave your parents, and why? Just because they care a lot for you and keep advising you. " The lady continued.

She was ashamed of the young generation, especially boys, who left their family for nothing. She didn't know the whole story of Akansh and his family, but all she knew was Akansh left his old parents.