15. So, Jasmine...

"I really think you should wear the new dress you bought," Jasmine said, dragging it out of your wardrobe.

She laid it on your lap. You looked down at it. It was beautiful. The garments were elegantly done. You brushed your hands over the fabric. It was smooth against your skin too, which was good if you were going to be dancing. However, it was one issue.

"It's a bit too short," you said, trying to laugh it up.

Jasmine waved her wine glass towards you.

"Perfect, then you'll show everyone how stunning you are," Jasmine said laughing.

You shook your head. The dress was dark, which was good because you had already done your makeup and hair, and this would at least match. You stood up to get changed to the sound of Jasmine applauding. You and Jasmine normally had this routine where you meet a couple of hours before the rest, just to drink and catch up on life. It was safe to say that you had one particular question playing on repeat in your head.

"So Jasmine...." You said fixing your dress.

"I don't like that tone," Jasmine stood up, still holding her glass as she walked towards you. She stood a little bit on the side. Both of you looking at each other in the mirror. You tried to laugh, but it almost sounded more like a coughing ball.

"I have two...frie... two friends, more like family friends of my mother, that was wondering if they could maybe join us tonight?" You asked.

"Jesus Y/n, family friends? Does your mother know we're going to a club. How old are they?" She asked, trying to not sound judgemental. This was like brining your small cousin to your friend's party. Jasmine wasn't the biggest fan of the idea.

You tilted your head, a bit confused about how to answer that particular question.

"They are in their...100s," you said, truthfully. Jasmine bursted out in laughter.

"Is your mother forcing you to take your grandparents out on one last club night before death bed?" She asked severely confused by this whole situation.

"Well, they look like they're in there 30s" You laughed low. This didn't sound very good.

"Y/n you sound insa-"You interrupted her before she could finish the sentence.

"Actually, one of them is insane." You said, turning around to face her.

You grabbed her hand and sat down on the bed. You knew the two of you needed to be sited for this conversation. It wasn't a easy way to explain what had been going on in your life recently. You also slightly felt bad for keeping everything so secret. It was very unlike the two of you to not share everything in your lives with each other. You took the glass away from her, placing it on your night table. She straightens up, as she now understood you were about to tell her something serious.

"The two are... James Barnes and Steve Rogers," you said, trying to sound clear.

You felt her hand pressure yours.

"Captain America?" She whispered confused.

You nodded.

"I don't really know Mr Rogers..." You said.

She was silent. Looking out in the room. Deep in thought.

"But you know James?" She asked after a while, looking back at you.

Ouch, how to answer that question? You saw in her eyes that she was searching for an answer. She wasn't the only one. You knew James... But also, you didn't. You knew him as well as every other guy you accidently ended up hooking up with. You know them very well in some ways, but you don't know them like you know your friends. You opened your mouth.

"James knew my grandmother, so he spent some time in our house... we might have conversed- "You explained.

"Conversed?" Jasmine said suspiciously.

"Yeah," You whispered low.

"He is the guy you have been fucking?" Jasmine asked, everything suddenly made sense.

Your eyes popped out. It was a clear answer.

"Uhm..." You said grabbing your wine glass.

"The glow, the confidence... I can't believe your mother set you up with James Barnes-"Jasmine said as her brain was puzzling it all together.

"No, no, no, my mother doesn't know anything, and she should continue to not know anything, because it's just casual!" You interrupted her, making it very clear that this wasn't something you wanted to blow up.

"Can you do causal with someone like that?" Jasmine said, confused.

You took a sip of your glass. This is why you didn't tell anyone. You knew it would be a bunch of questions. Questions you truly didn't know how to answer yourself. You and James were just a little fling. The two of you were not sustainable or long term. His lifestyle and yours were not compatible. Plus, you didn't even want to be with him. He just taught you some valuable lessons and you took them with a smile. This was never meant to become a serious thing.

"I don't know, it was just one... three times, actual it's not happening anymore," you said.

The two of you could easily stop.

"Not anymore, but you still want to introduce him to all your friends?" She asked laughing.

You drank up your glass. You needed more.

"He wanted to come," you said.

"Why not, I can't wait to see this," she said, grabbing your phone.

Ah, you just loved her irony. Your mouth was dry. You opened the phone staring at you and James's conversation chain. This felt like a bad idea, still you began typing up the message. For some reason, you did want him there. It might be fun to see a 107-year-old man on the dance floor. It was even Latin night, and for some reason you couldn't even imagine that James being able to swing his hips. You sent the message.

"Do you think they have ever heard Latin music?" Jasmine suddenly said.

You pushed her off the bed.

"Stop teasing," You warned her.