chapter two

╰┈➤  🎸 🖤 💿 ...

THE NEXT DAY AT
SCHOOL

june and evan had met at the front entrance together to plan out their day of how they were gonna fake date.

"no, that's so stupid. let's just ask jess and them." june refused to go along with his idea.

"where are they?" evan asked. "uhh, maybe at their lockers, dumbass. where else would you be during passing period?" june scoffed as she made her way to jess's locker which was next to yulia and gabby. evan followed her until they met the three girls.

"hey, june. hey, evan." gabby greeted. "hey, gabs." june replied with a smile. "can you guys give us ideas? like, what do we even do to make sydney and damian jealous?" evan asked the girls.

"what did you guys usually do when you were dating?" yulia inquired, shutting her locker and facing the two. "hold hands a lot, uhh, what else?" june noted, turning to evan with furrowed brows.

"i walked you to your classes a lot." evan added. "good, that's good! walk her to her classes and kiss her before you leave." jess suggested. "oh, man, i have to kiss him?" june groaned.

"yeah, wanna practice?" evan joked. "absolutely not!" june shoved his face away while the girls laughed.

the bell rung. "let's go." evan said, reaching for her hand. "bye, guys. i'll see you at lunch." june told the girls as she took evan's hand and walked off with them.

"i really wish they did get back together, you know? they were like the perfect couple." gabby commented. "so do i." jess agreed and clutched her bag, waving the girls off before heading to her own class as well.

june's class wasn't too far away, so they made a stop at the door and waited for either sydney or damian to walk by.

"i don't see any of them. looks like we can skip our kiss." june said happily that they didn't have to kiss. she attempted to walk into class until evan pulled her back by her backpack. "damian's walking over with scuba." evan subtly pointed at the boy.

damian glanced over. june hurriedly stepped on her toes and placed her hand evan's behind evan's neck to pull him close for the kiss.

the kiss lasted for a moment until june had stepped down and looked at damian, who was looking over his shoulder and flashing them a dirty look as he walked by.

"it worked." june stated. "good. next is sydney." evan replied. "yeah, as long as i don't have to kiss you again." june scoffed, crossing her arms. "don't act like you didn't like it." evan rolled his eyes playfully, grinning as he walked off to his class.

june rolled her eyes too, turning into her classroom and taking her seat in the back next to her brother ryan.

because they were siblings, they were put into every class together. "i hope they switch one of us out. i hate seeing your face." ryan snarked to his sister. "shut up." june elbowed him and leaned back in her seat.

"i saw you and evan kissing. when were you going to tell me you guys were back together?" ryan asked, crossing his arms and narrowing his stare at her. "oh, about that..." june laughed nervously.

"it's just a simple truce— a bet kind of thing to make damian and sydney jealous." june explained. "you sure you guys don't still like each other?" ryan wondered.