009

╰┈➤ 🎸 🖤 💿 ...

AT THE BAKER'S HOUSE

greg eventually sent ryan to go and pick up june and bring her home, which he did.

but she got scolded for about an hour straight by her parents on where she was, who she was with, and what she was doing.

shortly after their lecture, she was sent up to her room where she was definitely more relaxed and texting gabby.

gabs

: heyy junie

: u doing okay? u
seemed down last night

i'm fine lol :

: don't lie to me

: you know u can talk to me

i know :

and i love u for that :

: good

: wanna hang out with me
and everyone else at the park today?

depends :

what time ? :

: in like 30 mins

okayy bet :

which park :

: girl you already know which park

: our towns so basic
there's nothing to do and we
only ever go to one park always

true :

i'll be there :

june decided to get ready, slipping on some bootcut jeans and a long sleeve under her thick knitted sweater.

once she was done getting ready, she snuck out the house without her parents noticing.

june hurriedly hopped in the car and got a call from ryan. she answered it as she drove off.

"uh, hello? where'd you go?" ryan asked. "going to the park with gabs and them. i'll be back soon, i promise." june swore.

"yeah, sure." ryan rolled his eyes even though she wasn't there to see his sass. "whatever, love you. bye." june then hung up and tossed her phone onto the passenger seat.

she drove to the park and parked next to evan's suv before she hopped out of the car and walked over to the girls, who were sat at a benched table and watching the boys throw back and forth a football.

"you made it!" gabby exclaimed and walked over to suffocate the girl with the squeeze of a hug. june hugged back before they broke apart. "yeah, barely." june joked with a small chuckle before sitting down next to jess.

"hey, jessie." june greeted. "hey." jess smiled. yulia was frantically texting somebody, panting as if she were nervous.

it wouldn't take a genius to understand yulia was clearly under pressure. "yulia, are you okay?" june reached out to put her hand on yulia's knee in a comforting matter.