012

╰┈➤ 🎸 🖤 💿 ...

THAT NIGHT AT THE
BAKER'S HOUSE...

a few hours had passed, and it was around 2 in the morning.

evan had fallen asleep while june was on her phone, looking through old photos of her and yulia.

she tried so hard not to breakdown all over again, but she couldn't help but tear up.

june proceeded to tap away to her and yulia's messages. she opened up the keyboard.

: i miss you yulia

: i wish you said something we could've helped you

: i wish i could talk to you again for the last time

: i want you to know that there's nothing i wouldn't do for you to come back

knowing she wouldn't receive an answer, she turned her phone off after losing all hope.

june set her phone down on her nightstand beside her and turned onto her back, staring at the ceiling.

as june realized she was only crying louder, she stuffed her face into her pillow and let out what she could, still trying to be quiet and not wake evan.

however, she failed. she heard the blankets shifting as evan slowly woke up.

june immediately went silent in response, trying to make him fall back asleep and suspect nothing. again, she failed.

"june?" evan mumbled wearily. june laid quiet. "i know you're awake." he stated and glanced over to her.

june gave up and sat up, hurrying to wipe her tears away. evan's face crinkled up in a confused look as to why she was acting weird, and he sat up with her.

"are you okay?" he asked her. june took a moment before she tried to talk. her throat closed up and she cried again, holding her face in her hands.

"june, what's wrong?" evan repeated and scoot over to her in attempt to console her. "yulia. i miss her." june admitted, her voice muffled as it was covered by her hands.

evan sighed. "i know you do." he said and wrapped his arms around june, her melting right into him without hesitation for once.

"i just don't understand why he killed her. her! i'll never fucking get it." june ranted as she rested her head in the crook to his neck.

evan listened to her go on ranting for the next few minutes until she went quiet, catching her breath.

before they knew it, they fell asleep in each other's arms. just like they used to.

╰┈➤ 🎸 🖤 💿 ...

THE NEXT MORNING

june was first to wake up, and she carefully wiggled out of evan's grip so she didn't wake him up in the process.

she snuck downstairs to find gabby and jess awake, talking at the kitchen island. "good morning." june told them.