008

╰┈➤  🎸 🖤 💿 ...

AT THE DINER

no one knew june better than evan.

he knew that behind her smile and laughs, she clearly wasn't even happy to be there. there had to be something wrong.

"june, come with me to get something from the car?" he asked.

"uhh, sure." she nodded and stood up from the booth with him. jess tossed him her car keys and the duo walked outside.

"june seems a little off tonight, or am i crazy?" gabby asked the group. "oh, for sure. she's usually less smiley." scuba agreed.

june was puzzled when evan didn't unlock the door or open the doors, he just stopped walking and turned to her.

"so, you wanna talk about it?" he raised a brow in question. june's smile faded. "about what?" she scoffed cluelessly.

"you tell me." evan crossed his arms with furrowed brows. june inhaled sharply and then sighed, leaning against the car beside evan.

"just don't feel bad for me, okay? i already know what my plan is and all do that bullshit so—" june began, but evan cut her off. "just tell me." he said.

june glanced at him and then back at her shoes. "my dad kicked me out of our house." she mumbled.

evan stood up from his leaning stance and glared at her. "june, what? what the hell are you going to do?" he questioned.

"it doesn't matter. i don't need you or anyone else worrying about it, i'll figure it out." june stated even though she was absolutely unsure of her plan.

"no, don't do that. don't push me away, june. i know you need me." evan shook his head in disagreement.

"i don't. i don't need you or anyone's help!" june argued. "yes, you do! it's okay to ask for help when you need it, you know that, right?" evan argued back, matching her tone.

"what help could i ever get from you?" june scoffed, not convinced that evan could help her. "whatever you would've wanted!" evan answered.

"just don't tell anyone. that's all the help i need." june told him. "where are you going to stay?" evan inquired. "i don't know— forget it. my dad's just drunk and gonna sleep it off. he'll let me back in when i get home." june assured, attempting to walk back into the diner.

evan grabbed her arm and pulled her back in front of him. "okay? what are you gonna do if he doesn't?" he questioned. "sleeping over at someone's. i don't know. who cares?" june shrugged.

"you can come to my house, i'm pretty sure i still have some of your clothes that you left over a long time ago." evan offered. "i'll think about it." june shrugged. evan nodded. "think about it, then." he nodded too,

"just seriously, don't tell anybody." june whispered with an exasperated sigh. "never will i ever." evan swore. "good. let's go inside, it's cold." june shivered.

╰┈➤  🎸 🖤 💿 ...

later that night, june was rejected by her father again and had to spend the night at evan's.