Chapter 2

"You really came!" I winked at Lucas as he opened the door of his apartment.

"Of course. Why are you so shocked?" Natatawa kong tanong sa kanya. I sat on the couch and put my things aside.

He looked at me suspiciously.
"I couldn't count how many times I have asked you to come with me. So why now?" He asked after closing the door.

"Nothing just... Just for a change." I grinned.

"Why do I feel like you're up to something?" He asked.

I laughed. "Come on! I just feel like it's time you know... I'm eighteen... I'm of legal age to... explore don't you think?"

"I still don't believe you but anyway. I'm happy you're coming with me you bitch!" I reached the pillow on my side and threw it at him.

Lucas is my bff. He's a guy outside but... a girl inside.
Lagi niya akong niyayaya na sumama sa kanya. To have fun raw.
Pero lagi din akong tumatanggi. Shempre nung mga panahong iyon nasa matino pa akong pag iisip. Pero ngayon. I need to experience it.  What I said is right. It's time for me to explore. But of course...
Tumakas lang ako sa amin! I made sure first that everyone already retired for the night! I was so nervous and excited at the same time because this is the first time I did this. Going out in the middle of the night.

"Go to my room if you're going to change. Don't corrupt my eyes." He said.

I only shook my head and decided to prepare.
I changed my clothes. Tumitig ako sa salamin nang masuot ito.
My cheeks are flushed. I brought it months ago because it was so pretty but I couldn't wear it because...

"Holy shit! Where's Daisy?! Who are you? What have you done to her?!" Lucas screamed.

"Shut up." Natatawa kong sabi.

The dress is a bit kind of revealing. It's a red dress with lacy long sleeves. Its neckline is kind of low that's why my cleavage is showing.
Honestly this is a normal dress that women wear but this is only the first time I did. If mom sees this... She'll freak out!

I shook my head. I shouldn't think about them. I just want to have fun. I'll return home after a few hours.

Lucas offered to fix my hair and make up. This is his expertise because he's working in a salon.

"Damn girl if you'll start looking like this, you'll definitely receive a lot of marriage proposals." He said after doing my make up.

I blushed. "Don't you think it's too early for that? And besides... If I receive a proposal I hope it's -"

I saw him in the mirror rolling his eyes. "Ugh don't mention that name I'm tired of hearing it for five years!"

I bit my lip. Of course he knows Alec is my first love. He's my brother's childhood friend but that day when I was thirteen, my feelings changed for him.

It was his sixteenth birthday and we were invited. He looked like a prince that night. I remembered when he gave me the necklace... The exact necklace that I like the first time I see it when we're shopping together with my twin and brother.
But I have no time to buy it since we have to return immediately.
Well he didn't really give it to me directly he asked a maid to give it to me. It was a beautiful necklace with a lilac heart pendant... Like my eyes.
I've started liking him since then. I didn't know why he gave it to me. I've never asked him. But I kept the necklace until now and treasured it. It was like the symbol of my feelings for him.
No one knew about that. His gift and my feelings.

"You know you should try opening up yourself to others. I don't even understand why you like him that much."

"Should I?" I smiled.

We arrived at the place. Manghang mangha akong napatingin sa paligid. When we enter the building, I can hear the sounds already. The lights are dimmed but you can still see faces clearly.
This is where people have fun, drink alcohol and dance...

Pumupunta rin ba si Kuya rito? What if he's here?! What if he saw me?! That thought gave me chills.
Ganito pala ang pakiramdam kapag tumatakas.

"Hey you look stiff. We're here to have fun okay?" I smiled at Lucas. We sat on a couch and he called for a drink.
The neon lights are dancing but I'm surprised I'm not dizzy.
There's a lot of people so I'm sure I won't meet someone I know. Well at least I've been praying not to.

Inabot ni Lucas sakin ang baso na may lamang pulang likido.
I bit my lip as I stared at it.

"I'm sure you're dying to taste alcohol. Don't hold back." He teased me.
He's right. Whenever I see my father or brother drinking I wonder what it tastes like. One time sinabi kong gusto kong tikman pero pinagalitan lang ako.

I drink it in one go and I cough like crazy after that.
Tawa nang tawa si Lucas habang pinupunasan ang luha ko sa mata.

"Are you sure you gave me alcohol? Why does it taste like that?!"

Natatawa itong umiling. "That's alcohol my dear. That's milder than the others so imagine what others would taste like." He grinned.

My brow's furrowed. "But I thought it would taste... delicious..." I said.

"You're not used to it of course. And it would definitely taste delicious if you're in a situation where you need it the most." He winked.

"What situation?"

"It's for you to figure out." I slap his arm because he won't tell me.
Maraming kilala si Lucas, he also introduced me to them. May mga kasama na kami sa couch at nakakausap ko rin ang iba sa kanila.

It's been a few hours since pumasok kami rito. Lucas is already drunk. I can tell. Because there he was dancing or rather flirting with a man. Natatawa akong napailing sa kanya.

This is fun. I thought.

At least not until my eyes caught that face I just saw the other day.
He's with his friends I guess. I saw a woman beside him.
Nasundan ng kamay ko ang pasimpleng pag haplos ng kamay nito sa hita ng babae. Paakyat. Like teasing her.

My face is heated. What the heck?!
Oh my god.

So is this how they do it?

I can't take my eyes off them. I saw the woman leaned forward. I look back at him he's laughing.

So he can also laugh like this huh?

I've never seen him laugh at least when I'm around. So he's also normal-

He's still laughing when he finds my eyes. And I witnessed how his smile slowly faded. Like it's never been there.

Oh shit!

He saw me!