Chapter 7

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Archer's face, staring at me.

Nakaupo ito sa gilid ng higaan.

"I fell asleep..." I said and suddenly memories of what we did earlier came to me. I felt embarrassed and covered my face hanggang ang mata ko na lang ang nakikita.

He smiled at me. "How do you feel?" He asked.

"I'm fine..."

"How was it?" He carefully asked. Then he reached for my hair and played with it.

"It was... good..." Nahihiya kong sabi.

Ngumisi ito. "I was worried that I might've disappointed you."

"No way. You're so good. I was right to ask you." He stared at me for a moment and cleared his throat.

"I'll take you home." He said.

"Uh you can take me to the book store... I'll meet Lily there." He stiffened when I mentioned her name.

"Why?"

"Uh well... She's with her friend. Don't worry she didn't know about this. She didn't question where I was going. She usually mind her own business..." I smiled to hide my nervousness.

"We'll meet again and we'll go home together." I added. He looked at me suspiciously.

He didn't know that it was Lily's idea for me to make a deal with him.
But of course I won't tell him that.

Mukhang gusto pa nitong magtanong ngunit mas pinili na lamang na hindi.

I felt slightly awkward on our ride pabalik sa book store.

The carriage halted. We're here.
"Uh you don't have to go outside..." sabi ko sa kanya.

He only nodded and I opened the door. I was about to step out when he spoke.

"Wait. I forgot to give you this." He said.

He reached for my hand and I felt something cold touch my skin.
Nang makita ito ay na realize kong mga susi ito.

I look at him questioningly.

"I told you right? You can go there anytime you want." He said.

My lips parted. "These are the keys to your rest house?!"

"Yes."

"Are you sure it was alright for me to have this?"

"Of course."

Nakaalis na siya ngunit nanatili pa rin akong nakatingin sa mga susi.
I mean medyo naging close na kami unlike before...
We're uh... we're friends... are we?

But friends don't do the things we did...

So what are we? More than friends? Friends with... benefits?
Anyway like I said, I think this is too much... Well he seems a nicer person than I thought. I saw different sides of him.
I thought I knew him. But after everything that happened, I know I don't.

"Hey sis!" Napalingon ako kay Lily. I hid the keys on my side.

Nabigla ako sa ginawa ko. Why would I hide it?

I smiled at her. "Let's go?" Nagtaas ito ng kilay.
Walang umiimik sa aming dalawa sa biyahe pauwi.
Ngunit mukhang di rin ito nakatiis.

"I won't ask you to tell me the details... if something happened." My eyes widened and my face was automatically heated.

"You can't even hide it..." she murmured while massaging her forehead.

"So tell me other things instead. Did he say something? The decent ones of course.". Dugtong nito.

I chuckled. "Well let's see... Oh right! I don't think he liked my look today... I mean the dress and all..." I said.

Her brow's furrowed. "Why?"

"Well he said that I should only wear something like this kapag magkikita kami." Nahihiya kong sabi.

A smile slowly crept into her lips. I look at her confused.

"I see... leave it to me." She grinned. She looked like she achieved something good. No more like she found out someone's weakness.

I asked her what she meant but she just laughed it off.

And a few days after that I finally understand what it means.
Tuesday morning after breakfast my room is crowded with boxes of new dresses.

"Is this for me?" I look at her.

She has this satisfied look on her face. "Why, yes."
The thing is she knew my sizes. Lily is more fashionable than me so I often asked her things about dresses and we were always together to shop. Hindi nalalayo ang katawan naming dalawa. Mas matangkad ako rito at mas payat. We both have small waist and wide hips.

"When did you shop? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Last day. Don't worry about it. It's here anyway."

Nilapitan ko ang mga box. "But it's a lot..."

"Yes. You should change your wardrobe. You should wear trendy dresses from now on."

"Do you think so?"

"Of course!" She said.

"Just tell me how much, I know you use your allowance for this." I shook my head laughing at her.

"Yeah I've written it on paper." Turo nito sa papel na nasa table ko. Napailing na lamang ako. One thing about Lily, she'll buy you something even if you won't tell her, but of course you'll pay back.

"Is this all yours Sweetheart?" Napatingin kami kay Mama.

"Yes Mom. Actually ngayon ko lang nalaman. Lily bought this for me."

Mother smiled. "Your sister keeps saying your dresses are too old. It's time for you to buy new ones."

"I guess I'll wear new ones from now on."

"If you both need something tell me okay? Your father is busy so come directly at me."

"Sure mom." Lily said.

"Oh right! I'll pay for this, send me the amount sweetie." Mom said to her.

"I'll pay for that Mom! You just gave me an allowance." I said.

She raised her eyebrows. "That's the more reason I'll be the one to pay for this. Just let me be, okay? Just this once." She kissed my forehead and left the room.

That day busy kaming dalawa ni Lily mag ayos ng mga gamit ko. Inalis niya na rin ang mga luma kong dress. Nang mabuksan na lahat ng mga box I realized na hindi lang mga dress ang binili nito. May mga sapatos din, accessories at lingerie. Halos lumuwa ang mga mata ko nang makita ang mga lacey and silky lingerie na iba't iba ang design at kulay.
I didn't even know na pwede palang maging ganun yon. Some have weird shapes or designs... There are also some that made me think if it really meant to cover... I felt exposed just by looking at it.
She laughed at my reaction.

Wednesday came when I heard noises outside. The servants are busy at pabalik balik sa loob. Nakita ko ang pag bitbit nila ng mga pagkain papunta sa garden. Bumaba ako ng hagdan at sumilip sa kitchen. May bisita?

Where's Lily by the way?

"Daisy!" I heard her calling me. Malapit ito sa greenhouse. Lumapit ako sa kanya.

"May bisita?" I asked her.

"Ahh oo." She smiled sweetly.

"Sino?"

"Di ko pa nakita e. Silipin mo." Tinulak ako nito palapit sa entrance ng greenhouse.

Dahan dahan akong pumasok doon. Rinig ko ang boses ni Mama at Kuya.

"Daisy!" Napahawak ako sa dibdib nang tawagin ako ni Kuya. Nakangiti itong kumakaway sakin.

"Daisy's here? Come here sweetheart!" Rinig kong sabi ni Mama kaya wala akong choice kundi lumapit.
Natatakpan ng mga halaman ang puwesto nila kaya hindi ko agad nakita kung sino ang mga bisita.

I froze on the spot when I finally saw the visitors.