here

Its coming closer. I sit up and move closer to the wall of dirt that is the hill. my heart begins to beat fast. Now I hear talking. I recognize those voices. It's the careers. I hear their footsteps behind me. Their talking is growing louder and louder. The footsteps are close now. I hold my breath. If they find me, I'm dead. They are 4 and are strong. What will I do against them? The footsteps stop right above me. They are on the hill. My heart beats so fast I am sure they can hear it. I think about all the Capitol citizens watching this very moment. I move as close up the wall as I can. I hope they don't see my feet. I hear a female voice:

"Come on chase its dark and we are all tired."

It's getting hard to keep holding my breath. Please leave. Just leave.

"I just know she is out there... somewhere."

"Well, I'm sure we will find her. now let's get back to base."

"Fine."

I hear them turn around and walk away. I finally breathe out when I'm sure they can't hear me. I knew he would turn to a killing machine. I keep gasping after air. They are coming for me. I can't stay here forever. Not alone. I have to find my team in morning. But how? I lay back down. I am shaken by today's events. Its crazy how one moment your safe and the next your almost dead. Suddenly I hear a melody. It's the anthem. I move away from the hill and look at the sky. The fallen tributes. Zane district 3. Trace district 3. Jamil district 4. Parzival district 5. Adnois district 6. Zeke district 7. That's... that's the boy I killed. The memories of his death flash through my mind. it hurts to see. Vanya district 7. Minho district 8. Mike district 10. Sussie district 10. Ethan district 11. Garreth district 12. The blue light on the sky disappears. This means my team is alive. And Sam is alive. I feel happy. But after a moment of happiness, I feel afraid. I think back to what I just experience. They could easily have killed me if I had done anything different. I do something I have never done before. I prey. I don't know who I'm praying to, I just want to do anything in my power to survive. It doesn't hurt to try. 

I watch the stars before I sleep. As I close my eyes and fall into the dreams dance, I feel the death looming over me.