skill

We all sit back at the table. "do you have any skills?" Theodore asks not even bothering to look up from his food. "No" Sam say embarrassed. "Yes. I can handle almost every weapon" I say tired. "Wow that's quite the skill you got" Tessia says. "Thank you". "she is right that is pretty use full. We will have to work on your skills later Sam" Theodore says. Sam just nods. "Tessia?" I ask. "Yes?" she answers. "Do people like you? You know the people who don't know you but see you on TV". "Some of them do" she says shy. "Hmm".

 The dark blue color is present in the entire train. It is accompanied by flowers on the walls. I Sit in a couch thinking about my strategy. Sam suddenly comes into the room and sits next to me. "Do you want to be allies?" he asks. "What do I get out of it?".

 "I'm pretty strong. And your good with weapons. I would say that's a solid team" he says. "Sure" I say. "But I want to start out as friends and forget all of this" he says. After a moment he has his hand in front of me. I shake it. "Im Sam Dankworth, whats your name?" he asks. I smile. "Its Cassie, Cassie Sallow". He smiles back at me. "Hello Cassie whats you favorite color, if I May ask?" I smile even more. "Its yellow. Not a bright yellow but not a pastel either. Whats yours?" I ask. "Blue. Blue like the sky. How old are you Cassie?" "im 17. You?" "im 16". "Why do you work farming?" I ask. "Same reason as you. Money". We are quiet for a bit. I begin to hum a song. "What song is that?" I look up Theodore stands in the doorway and watches me. "Valley of the lost" I say. "Sing it" he says. "What?!" "Sing it" he says again. "Not a chance". "Come on Cassie. Just one time" Sam says. "Fine but I warned you. Im not a good singer". I begin to sing the song. I look away from the others embarrassed as I keep singing.

See the trees standing

See the suns bright glow

Here in our valley

It's the only place to go

See us dancing there

Hear how we sing

About the snow on the mountain

And how we feel the same

Hear our cries for you

Hear the last tone play

Here in the valley

The stars are our only help

Go down by the lake

There is a warm bed

Of flowers it is made

For you we have it saved

Hide in the valley

Valley of the lost

There is a spot for you

Where all the flowers stay

Hear the wind knocking

On your wooden door

Outside it is cold

But here with you is warm

Save your tears at last

We have a few more to go

Sleep in the bed

Where all the flowers go

Hear me sing for you

Hear every last tune

For you there is a place

In the valley of the lost

"That's it" Theodore says. "What?" I ask confused. "You have to sing in your interview" Theodore says. "What?! No". "Why does she have to sing?" Sam asks. "Its perfect none of the others are going to sing" he says. "I'm not singing" I say. "If you want to survive you better" he says walking out. I sigh. I still can't believe I have to fight to death.