kill

I finally stop. I breathe heavily. I look down at Chase's body. Its bloody and full of bruises. He's dead. I killed him. Chase is dead. I guess my kill count has gone up. The capitol will like that. I guess it's about five now. Zeke at the cornucopia. Cora. Sam. Ira. And now Chase. I lay down beside his body. He isn't the only one that's hurt. I lay exhausted on the ground. bodies lay around me. The sky is blue. There are no clouds. The weather is good despite everything that has happened. I'm sorry. I'm sorry about what I have done. I couldn't save Bella. She believed in me, and I couldn't save her. I'm so sorry. I stand up. The aircraft will be here soon. I pick up my sickle and slowly walk out of the woods. I stop to look back. four people. And only one survived. I guess I'm just that lucky. Lucky. I'm lucky for what? For surviving? For having the determination? I don't know.

Their bodies lay completely still. Its like one of them could spring to life at any moment. But they don't. they lay still on the ground. Ira with the trident. Chase with all the bruises. I can't even recognize him. I guess I have beaten him pretty bad. And Bella. Poor Bella. Her little innocent face lying in the dirt. blood is still seeping out from her throat. "I'm sorry" I whisper. It seems like an apology to myself. To try and comfort myself. But that's not what it's meant for. It may seem like I'm alone. Completely alone. But I know I'm not. I know there is people watching this, but most importantly their families. Bella. Ira. Chase. Their families are who I am giving my apology. "I'm so sorry".