Part 21

Third person's POV.

"Josiah Smalls," the announcer says into the mic as Josiah walks up the stage to receive his graduation certificate.

He finally did it. With all that happened that year he definitely thought he wouldn't. He graduated and finished high school having aced in all his subjects. The person that made this all possible wasn't even here so it made the moment bitter sweet.

"Nora Davis," the announcer shouts making Josiah look down knowing she wasn't going to walk on that stage.

"Nora Davis...?," the announcer repeats but no one comes up.

"Okay then...Victoria Mink," the announcer continues to call people's names as Josiah stands up and walks away.

He didn't even want to be there but he knew his mom and Nora would want him up on that stage. Those two people were the only reason he bothered going.

The past week had been super stressful especially after Deshawn's passing. Turns out that everything, the house, the cars, it all belonged to his mom who had left it for him when she died but Deshawn had hidden all those documents.

Since Josiah was now old enough he could finally gain access to these assets which were rightfully his inheritance in the first place.

He gets in his car and drives to the hospital. He was feeling really emotional today so he couldn't help but shed a few tears before going in.

When he gets in he talks to the nurse at the reception before going in the room he wanted to go to.

"Hey babyyy," he hears Nora say as she gets up from her mom's hospital bed and hugs Josiah.

"Hey mama," he says hugging Nora back. All the negative thoughts and feelings leave as soon as he has Nora in his arms. She was her peace

"I'm so proud of you! Look at my man hee a whole graduate," she says after they kiss passionately.

"I'm right here lil girl," her mom says as she sits up her bed.

"Sorry ma'am," Josiah says smiling nervously.

"I'm just happy he did it," Nora says smiling from ear to ear. Josiah stares at her wondering how lucky he was to get such a beautiful girl. The fact that he almost lost her makes him cherish her even more.

"I just wish you would've gone to that damn graduation instead of staying here...I told you you ain't gotta worry about me I survived a fucking gunshot," Autumn says making everyone laugh.

She had said that about a million times and she was gonna say it a million more. Before Deshawn bled to death from Autumn stabbing him directly on his liver he had pulled the trigger and the bullet could've hit either Nora or Josiah but she stepped in front of the gun causing her to get shot instead. Luckily the bullet missed all the vital organs.

"Who was going to pack your bags then ma? I'm so glad you're coming home tomorrow Josiah has been driving me insaneee...I ain't know he was OCD til we temporarily started playing house," she says making Josiah playfully role his eyes.

She had been staying with him since her mom was in the hospital. Her mom approved of her temporarily staying with Josiah til she was out the hospital. These had been the best days for both Josiah and Nora.

"I love her but I didn't know that Nora was that messy," he says making Nora punch Josiah's arm.

"As long as y'all using protection and I ain't becoming a grandma soon then it's all good," she says making Josiah look down embarrassed.

"Ma stop!," Nora shouts.

"Now y'all go celebrate I need some rest, you done packing my shit now get out and I love y'all," Autumn says turning to her side.