Bad New but Good News

At Lakeshore
Gabby's POV
Shay and I had been waiting for the doctor to call my name. When a doctor called my name I walked over and the first thing he did was an x-ray. He took me into a hospital room and said he would be back soon. When Shay came in she gave me a hug. We had been talking for a while when the doctor walked in and he looked at Shay then me.
Doctor- I am sorry to inform you but you still have bullet fragments from the bullet that went in your side and we would need to remove them but this time you would have four week recovery time and no attending work.
Two weeks later
Shay's POV
Chief did you get our substitute paramedics because Gabby and I have to be at Lakeshore at 4:30. You guys go if we don't have our paremdics here before our next call I'll send it too another station. I waited for Gabby who was at her locker changing her clothes. Then Matt came in and promised he would be at the hospital right after shift.
At Lakeshore
Shay's POV
Gabby had her hospital clothes on and prep for surgery. When it was time to go I walked with her as far as I could before going back to her room. Severide and I were texting while Gabby was in surgery.
Two hours later
Shay's POV
When Gabby came back in she was asleep the doctor said the surgery was find and that she would wake up soon. When Gabby awoke she saw me and Matt. Gabby looked at us with her big brown eyes. Matt slowly went towards her lips. When I saw this I decided it was my time to go. Severide kept asking me when I was going to get home I told my friends bye and headed home.
Four weeks later
On shift
Gabby's POV
I decided to text Matt.
Gabby's text
Back of the ambo, apparatus floor, or shower, you pick the place and I'll be there.
Matt's text
Meet me in the back of the ambo.
In the back of the ambo
Matt's POV
When Gabby was close enough I grabbed her in my arms we knew we weren't going to have a lot of calls today because it was first shift. When Gabby took my shirt off and started kissing my neck I groaned and moaned then I took off he clothes the only things she had left on was a bra and underwater. While I just had underware on.
Four hours later
Shay's POV
Hey guys have anybody seen Gabby? We're supposed to be going to get ice cream. Go check in Casey's room. Went I went to Casey's room there was Matt and Gabby both sleeping on Matt's cot. I woke Gabby and Matt up. Then told Gabby she had three minutes to be at the ambo or I was leaving.
At the ice cream parlor
Shay's POV
I ordered a vanilla ice cream and Gabby ordered a strawberry ice cream. When we went to the toppings Gabby and I switched ice creams and decorated each others.We were just about to take our seats in our favorite booth where we could watch everything when we got a call.
Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61 drowning of a child Sunset street
Gabby and I rushed to our ambos and to the scene.
At the scene
Severide- Boys I'm going in one yug means I'm down two tugs mean I got the boy let's do this.
Shay's POV
When Severide went down I got scared but when Capp said one he's down. Then a minute later Severide did two tugs and they pulled him up.
When Severide put the kid on the gurney we had to do CPR and chest compressions. When we had a pulse we got him in the ambo and headed to Lakeshore.