The Good times come with the Hard times

1 week later
Gabby's POV
Shay and I had spent 1 week out because the extent of our injuries but now we were back and ready for work. The first thing we did was give chief our letters from the doctor then we stocked the ambo. Hey Shay if you don't mind I would like to talk to the PIC of ambulance 61 Casey said jokingly. When Matt and I were both sitting on my cot he said if he could take a rain check for missing my second appointment to see my OB/GYN. I gave him a kiss on the lips and tell him it's okay before he puts his hands around my small baby budge and kisses my neck.
1 hour later
Matt's POV
Gabby and I had just woken in up and heard the Bell go off
Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Squad 3 house fire Cuming street 360
On the scene
Matt's POV
From the outside this looked like an easy call but when we got inside the whole place was in flames chief gave us only 5 minutes to search the place when we got one the second floor I started shouting call out! call out! When Herman and I busted down one door there were a family of four. we called Severide and his men to help us get the family. Gabby and Shay had already had a backboard ready for the father who was on top of his three kids. Gabby put the kids in the ambo and talked to them for a while before helping Shay assist the father. Shay had been doing CPR forever but then Gabby brought the Shock machine over the line was flat. Gabby kept shocking and shocking we watched her cry and tell the man the man to work with her. At one point I went over and grabbed her and she resisted but then turned around and cryed into my chest. While Shay called the death time at 4:30 of Monday. I couldn't stand seeing Gabby this way. I took her over to the sidewalk and set by her and kissed the tip of her head. Shay had took the kids and put them in the back of the ambo thet were all crying the oldest one was thirteen and the younger two were 4 and 9. I looked around for Herman when I spotted him I told him to come and sit by Gabby until I got back. I ran to Shay and asked if the kids mentioned a mom she said she only knew their names (youngest to oldest) Rosa, Violet, and Disney.
Back at the Firehouse
Shay's POV
Gabby and I had just got back from dropping the kids off at Lakeshore when I saw Matt heading in our direction. Gabby looked exhausted but sad at the same time. When Matt and Gabby were close enough they hugged and kissed as I walked over to see Kelly.
Heading home
Severide's POV
While I was waiting for Shay at my car I saw Matt and Gabby walk out. I ran over to Matt to ask him about beers at Molly's tonight. Yeah that would be great and since I have a girl that can't drink she won't mind driving or dealing with my drunk a** tonight. Matt and I fist pounded before I headed back to the car to wait for Shay.