Word 13

A | N :

Wouldn't it be sweeter if our hearts aren't always in denial? But again, it's because of fear of getting rejected by humans— which made us loving like how we do now.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

ᥫ᭡
"Answer me,
What do you think of me?
Why do you see me in that light?
Will you care about me the same even when I'm not very close to sunlight?"

15:30

Khay places down her bag and feels for her sketchpad inside, her mind at ease when her fingers graze its hard surface. Kyle takes the other side of the bench, his black sling bag sits in between them like a barrier, he's a pro at minding personal space— Khay will definitely give him that.

They sit in silence but accompanied by children's laughter here and there, and distant chatters of lovely young couples and old folks. The playground is full of life, and that made Khay genuinely content to witness the scene.

She wonders if Kyle feels the same, eager to find out she proceeds to steal a glance in his direction.

But he surprises her by bolting up from the bench, so abruptly that it blows away the daze in her face as he was saying, or was he asking— "Vanilla or Matcha?"

She blinks, and blinks again, her lips agape in confusion, "What?"

He finally looks down at her, there's a trace of resignation in his gaze as he pockets his wallet back while repeating, "Vanilla or Matcha? Choose."

Is this a random QnA game? How is she supposed to respond when she doesn't find any of the option suit her taste at all?

She can't read Kyle's face as joking— or anything close to it, he really expects her to answer that in demand. Her brows furrow together, frustrated is she with his solid demeanour that she decides to go against the given options by him.

"Chocolate," she says, and it's just because in terms of flavour, she believes— that one prevails above the rest.

Chocolate fits her overall preference compared to the ones listed by Kyle, if that's what he was playing at— and what's with him limiting her choice with just two options in hand? Vanilla or Matcha— both are enough to make her shudder and grimace.

"Chocolate...?" Kyle echoes with a silent question note

Khay meets his eyes and says with half of an eye roll, "I prefer chocolate when it comes to my most preferred flavour, thanks for asking. What's with you suddenly in the mood for QnA game?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" He's making that obligatory frown again, how petty. "I'm buying something, wait here." And then he's gone before she can object.

Khay stares off in the direction where the Apple Guy has vanished, behind the tall slides and monkey bars, and she wonders if there's something there that catches his eye. Kyle, the Apple Guy (as referred by Khay since she never knows his real name), seemsto be awfully quiet and awkward around her at first but after encountering him on various occasions, he's quite an interesting puzzle to solve.