Chapter 12

A/N:

I'm back! Apologies for my prolonged absence and the delay in this update. I've been focused on my other fanfic and work. Also, I seemed to have lost motivation as I haven't figured out how to end the story, but that doesn't mean I'm abandoning it. Nope! A story must end, and I will take you there.

So, enjoy this new chapter, and please leave a vote and comment with your thoughts. Apologies if the chapter is short.

-----

"Ahh... S-Senpai...?"

Ayano's legs weakened, and she fell to the ground. She was painfully aware of the warm blood on her face and uniform, yet she felt her own blood freeze.

Taro's lifeless eyes stared into nothing.

"Senpai...?"

Her cries for him were soft and hesitant, but the owner of that name didn't react even once. Ayano's cries gradually grew louder as she finally processed the reality. The hands that slowly went to touch his motionless body trembled.

Taro is dead; there's a hole in his chest, and his blood is everywhere, staining her vision.

It felt like something just stabbed into her chest and crushed the heart repeatedly. Her breath stuttered, and she barely was aware her own eyes started to shed countless tears, dropping on the figure of her beloved Senpai as if to cleanse the blood away, though that proved futile.

How? Why did it go wrong? Everything was perfect and beautiful, and she's so happy she's about to soar, and then, it's gone.

Gone in the blink of an eye.

Gone with just a single bullet.

"This is your fault!" a shriek of madness and anguish cried out.

Hanako stared at her with such vicious eyes; her snarl threatened to split her face, but Ayano was still stuck in the moment, unable to understand and process properly at the gun aiming at her.

"Why is she here? How did she escape!?" Megamo shouted those words, mostly directed to himself.

Those questions still hung in the air since Hanako's shoutings overrode them. Megamo cursed quietly to himself and forced himself to stop before slowly making his way to them warily, watching every Hanako movement with high alert.

The others tried to follow his way, but he ordered them to stay. Things could go awry if they are not careful. Megamo is raised as an elite; he knows what to do, so only he alone can do this.

He furrowed his eyebrows, while his sight is tracking Hanako's movement. Megamo fished out his phone and dialed the police.

He then threw it to whoever was near him and said in a quiet and stern voice, "Go and tell them about this situation."

He knew his order was received by someone when he heard the grass rustle slightly from behind him.

"You did this to him!" came another scream.

Megamo's heart raced; the drumming of his heart was in his ear, and his forehead is layered with sweat. He has to be careful not to let Hanako see him, but he has to be fast!

Unfortunately, Megamo was not as sneaky as he had thought. The next thing he knew, he found himself standing at the end of her gunpoint.

"Don't you dare stop me," hissed Hanako. His arms were trembling, but the gun is still pointing at its target with certainty.

Megamo froze and inhaled a sharp breath, willing his wild heart to calm down while he put his arms up in surrender.

In times like this, it is preferable to keep quiet or distract them so that they will be disarmed later on. In Megamo's case, he was close to the weapon that one wrong move, and his brain will be blown out in a matter of seconds.