Chapter 16

A/N:

Please take note everyone that this is the FINAL chapter!

I won't said much up here but I'll put it at the end of the chapter so you guys can dive right in.

With that being said, please enjoy this final chapter, leave a comment and a vote.

WARNING : IT'S YANSIM SO YOU KNOW THE THEME.

-----

A pin dropping could be heard in that silence. Complicated feelings brewed up and they couldn't decide what to feel. At first, it was shock, then relief and hope followed by happiness.

Amao is alive. Amao is there. Amao is—

"It's a trap," this they knew.

And that happiness was brief, putting their state of mind in a complicated situation, uncertain how to react.

All of them were reasonable people. Although blinded by the sudden appearance of Amao, they still had enough sense to notice that something was wrong, both as a person and a friend.

Amao didn't speak like this, especially after days of being missing.

There was indifference in the way it was written, like someone else had taken his phone and pretended to be him.

They tried to text back and call, waiting for another response. However, there was none.

Whether to go and take the bait or stay and let danger come to them became a debate among them.

That was approximately two hours ago, on an afternoon in Osoro's house.

And now they were heading to the place where "Amao" had told them to go.

On the way there, they noticed that the school was devoid of noises and students in class or walking around as it should be. It was still school period, almost over, and yet, they hadn't seen a single soul in sight.

This brought a sense of eeriness and made their hearts thump wildly in their ribcages.

It was like a forest suddenly becoming quiet, scared of making any sounds or moving even one inch, lest something set its gaze on them and killed them.

Nevertheless, they marched on to the rooftop, willing to calm their nerves and put on determined faces, even if the perspiration on their foreheads betrayed their feelings.

A figure stood where they used to hang out. He stood by the fence and was looking out at the horizon where rows of houses could be seen instead of looking at them.

This looked ominous, but that figure was indeed Amao. Wiry brown hair and wearing the uniform he was last seen in, now sported with wrinkles as if he had been wrestling with someone.

Not to mention, the uniform also hung on his figure a bit. The Rito siblings' faces turned grim when they took notice of this.

Amao must have been starved by the captive. His figure looked so thin and weak, hunching slightly over the fence as though to support his own weight.

They intentionally made a noise to announce their presence, but Amao hadn't turned around to face them yet.

"Amao...?" Asu called out hesitantly, taking a step closer.

Amao flinched and then let his head hang low, his shoulders shook.

Asu gasped, guilt tripping her heart. "Amao, I'm... we're so sorry..."

Even Aso followed suit, feeling his heart break when he saw that Amao trembled, presumably crying. "We... couldn't find you. We tried to get help, but the police weren't doing anything!"