Chapter 12

I woke up Sunday morning,  dreading what was to come.  I had woken up in Rebekah and I's room alone, so I quickly got up and walked down the hall to shower.

After taking my shower I dried my hair and put it in a fishtail braid. I put on a black dress with a laced bodice, and a silver belt. I pulled on black flats and a silver braclet that said " Love Is Forever" in currsive. The final touch to my outfit was a necklace. It was a silver chain with a small Dimond hanging from it. My mom gave it to me on my 13th birthday.

After getting dressed, I walked to the orphanage's lounge to see my only friends ready to go.

Rebekah wore a dark grey dress with black lace over it, and a pair of black sandals. Hailey wore a black skirt, a grey shirt with a flower printed on it, and fancy black flipflops. She also had a grey bow in her hair. James was wearing a tux with a grey shirt under it.

When they saw me they silently stood up, and we walked to the taxi that would drive us to the cemetery.

~~~~~~~~~~

The long ride was filled with a sad silence. My three friends were used to this. Constantly going to funerals with other kids in the orphanage to show support.

I really don't want to go, but I have to say goodbye to my parents. I have to prove to them tat I'm not alone, tat even though they are gone, I can continue living happily, because I found friends that will be here for me no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~
( I TRIED TO WRITE THE FUNERAL SCENE, BUT I COULDN'T. SO I SKIPPED IT)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Half way through the service the funeral service the pastor started talking about how they were in a better place with God.

At the point I walked away. Away from the pastor. Away from my friends. Away from the weeping women. Away from the men with sad faces, and away from my dead parents. I walked out of the cemetery and just ran, and didn't stop running until I came to a lake with a little bench in front so you could sit and look at the view.

I just sat on the bench and thought. The pastor was wrong. My parents didn't go to heaven. They were Atheists. No matter how often I tried to convince them, they refused to believe that there was a God.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw somebody walk over and sit next to me. I looked over to see Rebekah.

"Where are James and Hailey?" I asked

"They went to the store. James said something about getting  something to cheer you up." She answered.

I nodded looking back out at the lake. "It's all my fault, you know." I told her, still staring at the ripples of water gliding across the lake.

"What is?" She asked.

"That they're not going to heaven. I didn't try hard enough to convince them to go to church, and now they're dead. It's all my fault." I closed my eyes, trying not to cry.

"No, it's not. Sarah, none of this is your fault." She said trying to comfort me.

I shrugged and stood up. "We should head back to the orphanage." I told her, trying to avoid any more conversation.

~~~~~~~~

I walked into the room I shared with Rebekah, to see Hailey sitting on my bed, with a face that said "I know something you don't."

"James wants you to go to his room." She informed me.

"Alright, just let me get changed first." I told her.

"NO! No time to change. You have to go see James. Now!" She said frantically, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me to James's room. When we made it to his room, I knocked on the door as Hailey ran away. James opened the door and let me in, closing it behind me. I sat on the bed waiting for him to explain what this was all about.

It was silent for a while until he said "Sorry about the rush." He smiled lightly as I grinned and shook my head not really caring.

"Anyway," He continued, "I thought you would need some cheering up, so we are going to watch  movies, eat candy, and talk all night."

"Then why couldn't I change first?" I asked

"Because, I'm impatient, and wanted to give you a surprise gift." He grabbed a bag that he had hidden under his bed and handed it to me.

I looked at him and he nodded. The first thing I pulled out was the leather jacket I wanted. I was going to buy it when the law people finished looking over my parents will. I knew they left everything they owned to me, because they had no one else to give it to .They had told me that themselves.

I looked at James again. "How did you know?" I asked.

"Rebekah told me  that you really wanted it." he replied.

 I nodded pulling out a bunch of shirts from the bag. There was a Black Veil Brides t-shirt, an All Time Low t-shirt, a Juliet Simms t-shirt, an Of Mice & Men t-shirt, a Skillet shirt, (DON'T JUDGE MY MUSIC CHOICES. If you don't like it that's okay, but don't say trash about  me just because I like them.)  a Harry Potter shirt, and a blue shirt that, in white letters, said "Watch out. Nerd Girl coming through!" and a Little Mermaid tank top.

I then pulled out a bunch of leggings in black, grey( or gray, IDK), white, and one with skulls on it. I also pulled out two flannels, two pair of jean shorts and a really cool pair of cowgirl boots.

I looked at everything in amazement and shock.

"This is all for you." He said.

"H-how could you afford this? why are you giving it to me?" I asked

"All you need to know is that I will do anything for you, little sis." He said.

"Thanks big bro." I said laughing. Me and James had started calling each other while hanging out yesterday, and now I have a "brother."

He smiled and then yelled "Now go get dressed so we can cuddle and watch Frozen!"

"Frozen. Really?" I asked as I grabbed the BVB shirt, and grey leggings.

"No, well maybe. First we will watch Lord of the Rings, and if we have time after that THEN we will watch Frozen."

I chuckled and went to change. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This took me about a month to write. I've rewritten it like forty times. Tell me what you liked and didn't like. Help me improve. DON'T BE MEAN.