Chapter One Arriving in France

It was a beautiful sunny day as Thalia got off the plane with the Canadian players and her moms. Thalia’s mom is Julie Armstrong, Julie is a former Canadian player and her mama is Beverly Priestman. Bev uses her married name Armstrong in everyday life but uses Priestman in her career. 

Thalia held onto her mom’s arm as they went through the airport, she was wearing concealed ear defenders. Thalia has ADHD, SMD and ODD. Thalia also has hypersensitivity to sounds and lights. Before Thalia knew it she was on the coach she sat in between her mom and mama. The Canadian players came to France 10 days before their first game, mainly to make sure everyone adjusted to the time difference. They are staying at the ResidHotel Lyon when they are not travelling. 

They are staying next to the USWNT because Thalia had been called up but her moms talked to Dawn and Emma. They were meeting them in two days so that Thalia could get used to the time zone. Bev and Julie adopted Thalia when she was 14 after fostering her for three months. They knew that Thalia was their daughter. Thalia first struggled with her ADHD and her food sensitivity. Thalia was nervous about having her first call up but her moms assured her that she would be okay. Julie will stay at the hotel when Canada plays and have to go to a different hotel. 

Before Thalia knew it they were at the hotel. Bev, Julie and Thalia were the first ones off. They were always the first ones off due to Thalia around crowds, Thalia was nervous even though she knew all of the Canadian players. Bev and Julie got their bags while Thalia stood back and fiddled with her sensory necklace. Once Julie and Bev got their bags Julie led Thalia into the lobby of the hotel. Thalia was grateful that she had her mom and mama. 

Thalia had struggled since her biological parents died although they left Thalia a lot of money but they had no living relatives so Thalia got placed in foster care for 3 years before she was adopted by Bev and Julie. Once they got into the lobby Bev went to the receptionist to get the keys for the rooms. Thalia went to the meeting room with Julie. Julie pulled Thalia onto her lap and Thalia rested her head on Julie's shoulder and just relaxed in her mom's arms.