The Butterflys Web

There was one thing she loathed. Competition.

She refused to use any of Vox's fucking picture devices and used her butterfly's to project pictures. Every single ad on the tv was about a new line of cosmetics owned by the Vee's.

She swirled a glass of wine in her hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the future of beauty," Vox declared, his voice smooth as silk as he gestured toward a sleek display of cosmetics behind him. "Introducing Vox Cosmetics: the pinnacle of elegance, sophistication, and innovation."

As the camera panned over the array of products, each gleaming with opulent packaging and cutting-edge formulas, Vox's holographic image projected larger than life, his eyes alight with excitement.

"Our line of cosmetics is more than just makeup," Vox continued, his words dripping with charisma. "It's a statement of power, a declaration of confidence, and a testament to the beauty that lies within each and every one of us."

With a flick of his wrist, Vox summoned a holographic model to showcase the transformative power of his cosmetics, her features morphing from plain to striking with each stroke of the brush.

"From bold lipsticks to smoldering eyeshadows, Vox Cosmetics empowers you to express yourself like never before," Vox proclaimed, his smile dazzling as he turned to face the camera. "So why settle for ordinary when you can embrace the extraordinary? Join the Vox revolution today and unleash your inner beauty!"

With a scowl she crushed her glass of wine, blood and wine mixed with her wounds from the shards as it scattered across the floor. This was her web. "Two can play this game," she snarled, he was trying to use her own game against her and it was time to teach Vox a lesson.

Windows blew open in a violent breeze and butterflies hurried in. Their wings began to glow, her boutique's, her warehouses, they were all on fire. She roared in fury, her furniture flew across the room as a butterfly carried a simple note.

She took the paper and read it.

My offer still stands. V.

She burned it.

"You fucker, you think you're safe behind your screens," she chuckled darkly, "I think it's time that I get my hands dirty."

She summoned butterflies and whispered something to them. They flew from her hands and out the window to carry her message.

•••••*****••••

"What the fuck do you mean?! My make up is no longer available!" Velvet seethed.

The demon serving her at hells best beauty retailer cowered under her wrath. "I'm sorry, all Scarlet brand makeup has been pulled from shelves by order of the butterfly demon, I'm sorry," the demon squeaked.

"Fucking Vox!" Velvet scream slamming the door on her way out. She could barely contain her anger.

As she stormed on the street she bumped into someone, Val. "Fucking watch where you're walking dickhead," she snapped at him. Without her makeup she was more than irritable.

Val was seething as well. For once he was without his coat with a fluffy fur color. "Same can be said about you, bitch," he hissed at her. He had come out of the one Scarlet brand store that sold his favourite, custom coat, only to discover they had been pulled from the shelves.

They both walked in silence, seething. This was all Vox's fault.

They stormed into his office ripping him a new one. "Your cosmetic line is shit, I wouldn't even use it on a fucking animal!" Velvet snarled.

"And what the fuck am I supposed to do?! I can't show up to the studio looking like this, I need my coat," he whined.

Vox began to glitch as he gripped the sides of his chair, cracking the delicate structure. "You dumb fucks! Don't you see you're playing into her hands, your obsession! Your vanity! It will end us!" He snarled at them. He hated she was right, he hated that his colleagues were more vain than he had thought.

"There are other designers, we have our own make up brand why not use those," he grumbled, dismissing the other Vee's.

Val and Velvet turned and walked away. "Fuuuuck!" Vox roared. No one had ever caused this much discord amongst the Vees.

A flapping caught Vox's ears he looked up to see a swarm of red butterflies fly in. A cackling filled the air as the butterfly demon appeared. "You thought you had me, burn down my outlets and warehouses, except you left the ones the Vee's like still standing," she smirked.

Vox glared back at her as he brought up charts on his multitude of screens. "Sorry to burst your bubble princess, but my brand is up and your is slowly declining into last week's trends, last chance to take my offer," he smirked. He hoped his bluff would work, indeed his sales were up and hers were down.

She chuckled darkly. "I'd stick to Tv if I were you Vox, because the of the beauty and the vain is a whole different world," she smirked. Butterflies landed upon Vox's screens sending them into a fritz. The screens turned on showing the Vee's burning down and hoarding all of (Y/n)'s products for themselves. "So if you're going to cross into my world, I think I'll have a hand in yours," she cackled as she disappeared into a flight of scarlet red butterflies.

"Vox we've got a problem," Velvet said as she walked back into his office, scrolling on her phone. "We're trending but for all the wrong reason, all of fucking hell thinks we crashed the Scarlet Butterfly," she said in a panic.

Val was the next to come in, "we've got angry mobs at our doorstep," he screeched.

"You said this was meant to get the Butterfly demon on our side, now she's completely fucked everything up!" Velvet screamed at Vox.

"I'll handle this," he glowered.

•••••*****••••

(Y/n) laughed like a maniac as she got back to her mansion. If all of hell didn't crush Vox, the other Vee's would.

Now all she had to do was ramp up her prices to unaffordable heights and slowly make her desperate customers even more desperate. Her phone rang, she picked it up. "Oh Hi Carmilla," she smiled.

"I've noticed that you're pulling your products of shelves and I was wondering if you still have any of your premium products for you loyalest customers?" Carmilla enquired. (Y/n) grinned, this is why she was practically invincible, her products were preferred by many powerful overlords.

"Of course Carmilla, I'll always have something for my favourite customers, just send me an order of what you need and it'll be on me this time because I can't let THe Carmilla Carmine and her daughters use a second rate product," she smirked. It was what the Vee's were bad at, outside of their own circle, they had no friends.

"Thank you (Y/n)," Carmilla replied before hanging up.

(Y/n) decided she would watch Vox squirm and wriggle in the tendrils of her web a little longer, make him suffer a bit more.

This was the butterfly's web. She had established her brand to be the most prestigious in hell, she knew it would take Vox a lifetime to gain such a reputation in the beauty industry, maybe two lifetimes since it was only Velvet that had any fashion sense but she was also a Scarlet brand type of girl anyway.

She smirked, this would work in her favour as it would drive more of hell into her web.