A Killer Like Me

As the final chords of the morning's jazz melody faded into the airwaves, Alastor concluded his radio show with a cheerful sign-off. "And that concludes today's broadcast of 'The Morning Serenade with Alastor'! Thank you for tuning in, dear listeners. Remember to keep that dial locked for more devilish delights Later on this afternoon!"

With a satisfied smile, Alastor shut off the microphone and leaned back in his chair, his heart brimming with anticipation for the evening ahead. He couldn't wait to pick up (Y/n) for their coffee date at the café he frequented, eager to spend more time with the enchanting seamstress who had captured his attention.

With a spring in his step, Alastor made his way out of the radio station and towards the atelier where (Y/n) worked, his excitement palpable. But as he approached the door, his joy turned to confusion as he heard voices raised in anger from within.

Frowning, Alastor pushed open the door and stepped inside, only to be met with a sound of chaos. (Y/n) stood in the center of the room, her face contorted with anger as she exchanged heated words with an individual, their voices overlapping in a cacophony of sound.

Alastor's heart sank as he realized that something was amiss. He had been looking forward to their coffee date all day, and now it seemed that his plans had been derailed by whatever was happening in the atelier.

" (Y/n)?" Alastor called out, his voice tinged with concern as he approached her. "What's going on here?"

But (Y/n) was too caught up in the argument to respond, her attention focused entirely on the confrontation unfolding before her. With a sinking feeling in his chest, Alastor realized that their afternoon plans would have to be put on hold, at least for now. And as he watched (Y/n) and her colleague continue to yell at each other, he couldn't help but wonder what had caused such discord.

Alastor's eyes widened in shock and horror as he witnessed the violent scene unfold before him. His heart pounded in his chest as he watched Evelyn's hand connect with (Y/n)'s face, the sound of the slap ringing out like a gunshot in the tense silence of the atelier.

Without a moment's hesitation, Alastor rushed forward, his instincts kicking into overdrive as he reached out to help (Y/n) to her feet. His mind raced with a flurry of emotions—anger, concern, and a burning desire to protect (Y/n) from any further harm.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Alastor asked, his voice trembling with worry as he helped her to stand. His gaze flickered towards Evelyn, his eyes blazing with fury at the sight of her callous actions.

But (Y/n) remained silent, her eyes downcast as she struggled to compose herself. The weight of the moment hung heavy in the air, the tension palpable as Alastor glared at Evelyn, his fists clenched at his sides.

Evelyn, for her part, seemed unfazed by Alastor's presence, her expression cold and indifferent as she regarded him with disdain. "This is none of your business," she spat, her voice dripping with contempt. "Stay out of it."

But Alastor refused to back down, his resolve hardening as he stood tall in the face of Evelyn's aggression. "I won't stand by and watch you harm (Y/n) like this," he declared, his voice unwavering.

With a final glare at Evelyn, Alastor turned to (Y/n), his gaze softening with concern. "Let's get you out of here," he said gently, offering her a comforting hand. "You don't have to deal with this." And as they made their way out of the atelier together, Alastor vowed to do whatever it took to protect (Y/n) from any further harm, no matter the cost.

As Alastor led (Y/n) down the street, his concern for her well-being only grew with each step. He could sense the weight of the world on her shoulders, the burden of whatever had transpired in the atelier weighing heavily on her heart.