A Scarlet Dawn

It was quite the renovation. The place was large enough so that (y/n) and Alastor could have a living space, coupled with (y/n)'s workshop and then the shop front. But (Y/n) still wanted more, with the freedom of hell, she would make sure to live her afterlife grand and luxurious.

But for now she would be just a small designer.

(Y/n) listened to the jazz on the record player, humming to the tune whilst she sewed. She perked up as she heard the back door open and close. Alastor was back

Alastor sat at the other side of her table, laying his head down in frustration.

(Y/n) glanced up from her work, concern furrowing her brow as she saw the defeated expression on Alastor's face. Setting aside her needle and thread, she rose from her seat and approached him, standing behind him, she leaned down and wrapped her arms around him.

"Alastor, what's wrong?" she asked softly, her voice filled with genuine concern.

Alastor sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "It's like all of hell is ignoring me," he admitted, his voice tinged with frustration. "Even after I slaughtered Dennis, they still don't take me seriously."

(Y/n) frowned sympathetically, understanding the weight of Alastor's words. "I'm sorry, my love," she murmured, squeezing his arm gently. "But you know that your power extends far beyond mere fear and intimidation. You're you're a force to be reckoned with, you'll show them one day, all hear your name and tremble.

Alastor looked at her, his eyes searching hers for reassurance and was met with her absolute confidence.

(Y/n) nodded firmly, her gaze unwavering. "You're a master of manipulation and strategy, Alastor. You'll find a way to make yourself the talk of the town , I have no doubt about it," she grinned wickedly, "because in this shit hole you don't have to worry about being arrested, you can run rampant in the streets."

Alastor's expression softened at her words, a hint of gratitude shining in his eyes. "Thank you, my dear," he said sincerely, reaching out to cup her cheek. "Your faith in me means more than you know."

(Y/n) smiled gently, leaning into his touch. "Always, Alastor," she whispered, her voice filled with unwavering support.

Alastor leaned on the table with a grin, "so how about a date night? we could do a blast from the past, what do you say, drag an unsuspecting soul into an alleyway to slaughter?"

(Y/n) thought for a second, her expression conflicted as she considered Alastor's suggestion. "As much as I enjoy spending time with you, my love," she began slowly, "I'm not sure that slaughtering an unsuspecting soul is quite my idea of a romantic evening."

Alastor raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in his eye. "But darling, think of the thrill!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement. "The rush of power as we hunt our prey together—it's positively exhilarating!"

(Y/n) couldn't help but chuckle at his enthusiasm, shaking her head in amusement. "I understand the appeal for you, Alastor and don't get me wrong I find the endeavour quite exciting," she replied with a small smile, "but you know how I feel about getting blood on my clothes. It's such a hassle to clean, that is why I'm a lady of poison, plots and schemes."

Alastor's expression softened as he regarded her, understanding flickering in his eyes with a chuckle. "Fair point," he conceded with a nod. "Perhaps we can find another activity that's more to your liking."

"I do have an idea where we both win," she smirked.

"Oh, and what do you have in mind?" He asked with a wild grin.