~Chapter Sixteen~

~ Friday ~

Friday morning, Daichi, Asahi, Bokuto, Kuroo, and I were up and around by four in the morning to head to Karasuno. We all had our old practice bags and overnight bags ready to go for the weekend. We all piled into Daichi's car, seeing as his was a bit bigger than mine, and headed to the school.

The ride consisted of 5 college kids belting out the lyrics to Taylor Swift, and God was it fun. We just had Daichi's phone connected with a whole playlist of her songs on.

When we got to the school, Coach, Takeda, Ennoshita, and his vice captain, Tanaka, and Nishinoya were all there already. Noya saw Asahi and jumped straight into his arms. I've noticed as they've gotten older that Asahi has taken on a more dominant role. At least romantically, sexually it's probably still the other way around.

"The hell are you kids doing here? I thought you were meeting us there after classes?" Coach cocked an eyebrow at us.

"None of us have ever missed class before, so we took a day." I shrugged. Ukai looked at me with the same look I've seen so many times before, from him and my friends and teammates; a look filled with worry and concern.

"I'm fine, Ukai. Just needed a breather." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, you know I'm here if you need. You guys can help load the bus up as the team comes in. For now, get your stuff loaded and chill for a bit." He said. We did as told, tossing our bags into the cargo space on the bus and then heading to sit on the stairs to the club room with Nishinoya. He ended up getting a pen from Kenma when they were here last, so currently we had three pens in the rotation; His, Mine, and Kuroo's. We talked and laughed as we smoked. It was nice. I really did kind of feel like I was back in high school again.

Bokuto was right, you are acting like a kid.

Imagine, a grown adult that acts like a child working with children. Kind of pathetic, and creepy, if you ask me.

That was when I decided to step out of rotation, refusing hits and repeating the words over in my head. It didn't seem to be helping, and I really wasn't in the mood to kill a good buzz with my depression.

"I'm gonna sit in the car for a bit. I just...need a minute." I said. I was in the front of the group, so I wasn't falling over people to get to Daichi's car. I crawled into the passenger side and closed the door. I leaned my head back and took a few breaths before feeling tears start to trickle down my face.

~ Daichi's Point of View ~

"He okay?" Kuroo asked.

"The meds, I thought he'd be a bit better by now though." I frowned.

"Usually it's a two week period, right?" Bokuto asked.

"Normally, yes. And he might have been off the meds long enough that it'll take a full two weeks. I wasn't off as long, so it wasn't nearly as bad."

"Anything we can do to help him?" Asahi asked.

"Not really. Just be there for him, like you've been. I'm sure I know what's running through his head right now though. Bokuto, what you said has really stuck."

"I didn't..."

"I know you didn't mean for this to happen. It, normally, wouldn't have stuck either. He was sitting here, having a great time. Probably felt like he was back in high school for a minute and then that little voice in his head reminded him of what you said." I explained.

"How do I fix this?"

"You don't. At this point, even apologizing isn't an option. He'll feel like someone told you to apologize."