A New Home

Y/N's POV

A few days ago, I visited my grandfather in New York. That was the day he revealed that I had two estranged relatives who I had to meet.

I was surprised at first and curious to know why he had only told me about this now but my grandfather simply stated that he was an old man, which meant that he didn't have that much time left and he wanted me to know this fact before he passed on.

It seemed a bit strange to me however I ultimately decided to travel to the town called Mystic Falls and finally meet these long lost relatives of mine that I was now curious to meet.

Now that I think about it, my grandad used to tell me all sorts of stories about the town of Mystic Falls ever since I was a child.

The kind of bedtime stories that would scare most kids, but I never minded them.

Flashforward to today where I'm currently standing at the doorstep to the home of the relatives I came to this town to meet.

Ok Y/N no big deal right? I'll just knock and introduce myself once face to face with them.

I then proceeded to knock on the door twice before it swung open a few seconds later, revealing a man dressed in a black leather jacket who currently had an annoyed look on his face.

"And who might you be?" He asked before eyeing me from bottom to top.

"My name is Y/N L/N and I'm a relative to the salvatore brothers." I revealed

"Oh really, nice to meet you I'm Edward Cullen." He mocked as I chuckled.

"I'm not in the mood for any pranks today so why don't you get going." He continued.

"This might take a while to explain but I am telling the truth." I said before he motioned for me to get in.

"STEFAN!!" He shouted "You're gonna want to hear this."

Seconds later, the man who I  presumed to be Stefan walked down the staircase before greeting me.

"I know this sounds kinda crazy but my grandfather is Zach Salvatore and he told me that you two would know him." I explained before Stefan's eyes widened with shock momentarily as the man who stood next to him let out a sigh.

"I'm shocked actually... I don't know what to say." Stefan said before I stretched out my hand for a handshake.

"Well a chat over some bourbon might help." I suggested before he chuckled and smirked.

"Stefan, Stefan Salvatore." He revealed before shaking my hand.

"Y/N L/N, it's nice to meet the both of you." I complimented.

"I wish I could say the same L/N, however I am not allowing some stranger, no matter who you are, to waltz into my home and drink from my bourbon."

"Come on Damon, I thought you might be happy having another drinking buddy around." Stefan replied with a smile on his face. 

"Well I am starving." Damon responded as my brows raised and Stefan's facial expression hardened. 

"Not that type of drink." Stefan declared.

"Come on Stef, I'll just compel him, take a little bite and I'll be on my Merry way." Damon complained right before fangs grew from his teeth and his eyes turned black.

"DAMON!!" Stefan shouted right before Damon dashed over to me in the blink of an eye as he motioned to sink his fangs into my neck.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised.

A mere second later I pulled out vervain perfume from within my lounge coat and sprayed it onto Damon's face invoking a scream from him.

"ARGGH, VERVAIN!?." he cried out as Stefan began to eye me skeptically.

"Sorry not sorry I guess, that did seem like it hurt a lot." I playfully mocked before letting out a chuckle.

"Who are you really?" Stefan queried.

"I am who I say I am, did you really think that Zach Salvatore's grandson would come to Mystic Falls unprepared." I asked rhetorically before pulling one side of my lounge coat to the right, revealing multiple mini-stakes placed inside it's pockets.

"What do you want?" Damon asked harshly as I sat on one of the couches crossed legged.

"A bottle of bourbon would do." I said before Stefan and Damon looked at each other dismissively.

"After all, Mystic Falls might just be my new home." I continued as the Salvatore brothers sighed in unison.

Home sweet home.