True Love

Y/N's POV

The front door to the Gilbert household swung open, revealing Elena Gilbert.

"Hey Y/N, what's up?" She asked but as I shook my head.

"What's wrong, did Stefan return yet?"

"Yeah...about that." I simply said before walking into her home and shutting the door behind me.

"Why do you sound so disappointed?" Elena queried whilst we locked eyes.

"You and I won't be seeing Stefan in a long time." I stated causing her to tense up.

"What do you mean by that, is Stefan okay?"

"...Stefan made a deal with Klaus to save Damon's life, now part of the deal was that after Klaus heals Damon, both of the Salvatore brothers would have to become his loyal servants for life." I explained as Elena's eyes widened with shock.

"No, what are you saying?" She replied with tears pricking her eyes.

"Stefan and Damon are now indebted to Klaus for eternity, and to top it all off, they've left Mystic Falls."

"What, when!?"

"A minute ago, according to what Stefan told me earlier." I answered as she wiped the tears away from her eyes.

"There's more..." I announced before she looked back at me.

"Stefan said it would be best if he ended his relationship with you, he wouldn't want you to get caught up in all this." I told her making sure to leave some parts out.

I couldn't tell her the complete truth about what Stefan said, it would be too much for her to handle at the moment.

There would certainly come a day I tell her the full truth but today was not that day.

"I can't believe this is happening." She spoke before I pulled her into a hug which she reciprocated after a short while.

"It's okay Elena, everything will be okay." I assured her as she cried.

"Thank you... For always being there for me." Elena said before I gently pulled up her chin.

"You don't need to thank me." I responded softly as we locked eyes once more.

Not even a second passed before we gently and hesitantly locked lips only for a moment.

"I love you Elena." I whispered.

"I love you too Y/N..." She whispered back right before our lips connected in another kiss.

One that was more passionate and deep this time round.

I wrapped my arms around her waist as she wrapped hers around my neck however our moment was interrupted when she suddenly pulled away.

"Aunt Jenna and Jeremy...they could be home any moment from now." Elena revealed as I nodded my head.

"It's alright, we can catch up some other time, maybe tomorrow at the grill?" I suggested.

"That would be nice." She said with a weak smile. 

It hurts me seeing her hurt...

"Elena, I just wanted you to know that, whatever goes on in this town good or bad, you can always count on me."

Immediately after I said this, she pulled me into another tight hug as a response.

That was the moment I realized, our feelings towards each other were true, however...

My feelings for Katherine still existed and I was still confused about what I felt towards her.

I couldn't deny it but I loved Elena but I also have feelings for Katherine.

Soon, I would have to choose between the two...