Masquerade

Y/N's POV

Tonight is the night.

The night I can finally get my hands on the Moonstone, accomplishing what my grandfather trained me to do most my life.

The night I finally meet the woman known as Katherine Pierce.

When I was younger, my grandad had a lot to say about her, mostly negative of course, after all Zach Salvatore wasn't a fan of vampires in general.

However one thing about Katherine that he would always warn me about was her charisma and charm.

Today I would see for myself whether he was right about that or not.

Currently, I had just made my way into the Lockwood mansion which was teeming with tons of people with Damon still standing right outside the entrance.

"What are you waiting for, invite me in already." He said as I chuckled.

"Only if you ask nicely." I replied before he shot me a deathly glare.

"I was just kidding, you can come on in." I told him with a smirk on my lips.

"Now this night can finally get started." Damon announced as I nodded.

"First things first, we have to find Mason Lockwood before Katherine gets to him but I have a feeling that's not what you really came here for." I revealed

"Fine, I only came here to speak with Katherine." Damon admitted whilst I rolled my eyes.

"You're obsessed with her." I stated.

"No, I'm in love with her!" Damon spoke before I shook my head.

"She compelled you to do so--"

"--Katherine may have compelled Stefan but she never compelled me...what we had was real."

"If she really loved you then why hasn't she come in contact with you even once for the past century!!" I exclaimed.

"Well that's why I'm here to find that out!" He shouted back, drawing attention to us.

Good grief.

"Don't worry people, everything's alright don't mind us." I assured the crowd before they carried on with the party.

I turned back my gaze to Damon immediately after doing this.

"Then help me find Mason Lockwood and after that you can do whatever you came here to do." I suggested.

"Fine." Damon accepted right as Tyler Lockwood approached me.

Great timing.

"Hey Y/N, it's a pleasant surprise seeing you here." He greeted.

"Hey Tyler, how have you been since our last encounter." I asked, referring to the time Elena's friends hung over at her place.

"I've been good, so what brings you here today?" He inquired.

"Well Stefan's brother Damon and I actually came here to see your uncle Mason." I said as Tyler's eyes widened with shock momentarily.

"Oh really?" Tyler queried.

"Yeah, were some old friends of his." Damon added in as Tyler nodded.

I'm glad he was believing our little lie.

"Do you by any chance know where he is right now?" I questioned.

"Yeah, he's upstairs, third room to your left." Tyler answered.

"Thanks." I responded right before Damon and I swiftly made our way to Mason's location.

This was it, the chance to finally get the Moonstone.

Moments later, we finally arrived to our destination as we stood outside of the room.

"So do we knock or..." I asked right as Damon kicked the door open, answering my question.

"Well that is more effective I guess." I said before we stepped into the room to a shocking sight.

"Don't tell me..." I whispered as Damon and I stared at Mason's motionless body on the ground.

I crouched over to him and tried to feel his pulse however much to my dismay, he was already dead.

"Check if he still has the Moonstone." Damon ordered before I searched his body frantically, only to find nothing.

No, no, no, don't tell me she got to him first...

"The only one who could've done this is--"

"--Me." A feminine voice uttered from behind the both of us before we both looked back to see the spitting image of Elena Gilbert .

"Katherine." Damon stated as my eyes widened with shock.

"In the flesh." She said as she turned her gaze to me.

"Whoever you are, you look dashing." She spoke with a smirk on her face.

So this was Katherine Pierce, she was the spitting image of Elena, yet she was...

Dangerously beautiful...