Chapter 19 - Half-truth

_________________________________

"I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I can not satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

- Mary Shelly, Frankenstein

_________________________________

Salvator's POV:

I have just finished calling the families, and I go to stand up from my chair when Luca walks back into my room. His face has a distinct look of worry glimmering across it. "What's wrong?" I ask him. He still says nothing. "Either tell me or get out of my office" I demand.

"They're at your house." He tells me, his voice laced with worry. "What do you mean there at my house? Who is at my house Luca!" I say, raising my voice out of worry.

"The Lucchese's. The silent alarm went off. They're there right now" he tells me.

Before I can reply I storm out of the room. My long stride quickly turned into a full sprint to my car. I hear a faint muffle of voices, but the sound of my heart pounding in my ears drowns them out. If those filthy bastards get their hands on my daughter I don't know what I'll do. In the short amount of time I have been with my life has changed. I know I'm not great at showing it, but if they took her from me, there isn't a place I wouldn't go or a thing I wouldn't do to get her back.

After what feels like an eternity of sprinting, I am now in my car. I turn the engine on and it roars to life. The wheels spinning at the back create a large amount of smoke and then I'm forced forward from the power of the car.

The only thought I have whilst swerving in and out of the cars is the hope that Armando got my daughter either out of the apartment or into the safe room in my office.

As I speed in and out of the New York streets, I see a number of large vans following me. And I see Luca sitting in the passenger seat. That must have been all the shouting I heard. My vision then focuses back on the road, thankful that my men understand what to do in a time of need.

Two minutes later I'm faced with the large dark building that I live at the top of. Although the thing I want most right now is to run into that building and get my daughter, I know I can't go in alone.

Finally, Luca and my other men, including Clara, get out of their cars and walk up to me. "I want all of you to keep an eye out. We have no idea how many people are in there. The only people we know are Amara and Armando. So, anybody who isn't them, you shoot. Luca, pass me a gun"

He passes me two, a small 19mm that I put behind my back, and an AK-107 that I throw around my shoulder. And without another thought, I walk into the building.

Taking the elevator is out of the question, so we head to the stairwell. A few of the men walk in front of me led by Clara. She has a keen eye, so any tricks that they have tried to pull, she will find them.

The building is tall, so it takes us a while to get to the top of it. The door to the house is shattered in two, with broken metal and wood dispersed along the floor. A small tap on the shoulder signals me to turn around. One of the guys is holding an earpiece for me, and I place the bud in my right ear.

"It's me Capo," a voice says.

"Go ahead X, tell me what you got" I rush out, hoping that his big brain has found a way to get us out of this situation.

"12 men, no signs of Michael Gambino or 'the duck'. We think they have sent a couple of men in to do their dirty work", Bitches.

"Amara and Armando?" I ask.