The Call

I stood up and walked into the bathroom and locked the door. "Josh, I don't know how you got this number, but leave me alone," I said into the phone, my voice trembling. "How did you get out of prison?" I said, my voice growing louder a tear fell down my face "I had a little help! And I would watch my back if I were you. Because I don't forgive very easily" Josh said, and then he hung up. I slid down the wall, putting my face in my hands. That lying, cheating, abusive son of a bitch better not try anything. It was still hard to believe I dated him for 4 years. And it's not like I could talk to anyone about it an agent that was abused for 4 years, how dumb did that sound!

I composed myself and walked out of the bathroom going to my desk. "Are you ok? You walked out so quick." Spencer asked as I sat down "Yeah I'm fine" I replied returning to my work. I could tell he didn't believe me but he didn't press further. Once I was done my paperwork I cleaned up my desk getting ready to head home when JJ walked into the bullpen and said "we have a case, meet in the round table room in 5" I sighed putting my bag down. I headed to get some coffee to stay awake for a little, maybe I could try to sleep on the jet. I walked into the round table room coffee in hand and sat down. Garcia started presenting the case  "We have four victims all blonde hair blue eyes. Cause of death stab wounds found on all the victims" Garcia said as I opened my file and looked at the pictures I stiffened all the victims looked  eerily similar to me. "wheels up in 20" Hotch said.

I was sitting in the jet reading a book when Emily sat across from me "hey you good?" Emily asked "yeah, why?" I said suspiciously even though I knew everyone was looking at me like I might break in half at any second "Well, you know the victims look a lot like you" I chuckled looking at her "yeah I'm fine, I saw a lot of female victims in sex crimes" I said Emily looked at me with  slightly puzzled look  "I didn't know you worked in sex crimes"  Emily said "well I'm very mysterious" I said returning to my book. 

When we landed we headed to the station. We set up in a room "No signs of sexual assault" I said putting pictures on the board "the victims where drugged so he must not be very strong" Emily said. Hotch walked in "Gideon and Prentiss you go to the M.E, Morgan and Reid go to the last crime scene, JJ you work on keeping this out of the media, Wood you stay here and set up a geographical profile" Hotch said everyone started leaving.

I was sitting half-heartedly looking through piles of files when my phone rang and I stiffened until I saw it was Spencer and answered it "Hey we think we have a witness, you need to go check it out. I'm sending you the address now." I stood up finally something to do "ok I'll head there now" I said getting some stuff "you sure you shouldn't wait for backup?" Spencer asked me a hint of worry "yeah I'm fine it's just a witness what's the worst that can happen" I replied then hung up before he could object. 

I got to the address and got out of my car, I went up the steps knocking on the door. A man answered "Hi I'm Agent Wood with the FBI, I'm here to ask you some questions about a murder. Can I come in?" He smiled at me stepping aside "Of course, come in" I sat down on the couch, he came back with some water and placed it in front of me. He sat across from me looking at me, no not looking it felt like he was staring "I'm Matt, I know that there was a murder close to where I work" He said his eyes not moving off of me "Yes, it happened at 3:00 you where seen at a coffee  shop a block away a couple minutes before. We thought you might have seen something"  I said taking a sip of water my hands needed something to do other than twiddle in my lap . He smiled seeming pleased about something unknown to me "I don't think I saw anything, but I was probably on the phone when it happened" he said "are you sure you didn't see anything odd? Maybe a car parked you haven't seen, a person you haven't seen around?" he tilted his head in thought still staring at me "no nothing I'm sorry" he replied. I nodded taking a gulp of water my throat felt dry and  I was getting a headache. I went to stand up but my legs gave out I fell backward on the couch I heard the man laugh. He stood up and I heard him walking, he walked over to me standing above  he looked down at me and smiled  then he raised his arm above my head a trophy was in his hand I felt something heavy hit my head and I lost consciousness.