Safe

woke up being caried by someone, I realized that it was Morgan running with me in his arms  "Spencer" I mumbled half unconscious  "hey it's okay, shh it's okay" Morgan said to me he set me down and I heard him speak I was slipping out of consciousness again. 

My eyes fluttered open I heard a loud siren going I realized I was in an ambulance. A women was hunched over me I felt a stabbing pain in my shoulder, I had been shot I remembered that Spencer had been shot. Wait Spencer, it came back to me "Spencer, where's Spencer!" I yelled siting up pain ripped through my shoulder "hey it's okay, you're fine. You need lay back now" the women said pushing me back I didn't feel reassured "but Spencer where's Spencer?" I asked not calmed down at all the women sighed mumbling something to the other man. My eyelids grew heavy and I dosed off.

I wasn't in the ambulance when I woke up I was laying in a bed. I was in a hospital I opened my eyes to find Morgan and Gideon sitting beside my bed "hey rise and shine they told us that they had to knock you out because you where giving the paramedics a hard time" Morgan told me as I opened my eyes "Spencer, where's Spencer" I mumbled Morgan sighed "he's in surgery but there hopeful he'll make it" Gideon answered. I couldn't lose him, not like in the dreams that haunted me. I stood up pulling out my iv "hey calm down, I know you're scared but you need to recover" Morgan said trying to push me back down "I'm fine, can I get my bag so I'll can get changed?" I asked "I'll get you you're bag if you let the doctor do one last check to make sure you're fine" Gideon said standing up Morgan didn't seem to agree but didn't argue. 

The doctor had checked me and told me I could go if I was careful. I got changed and went to the waiting room with the rest of the team "hey Maddie how are you feeling?" JJ asked as I sat next to her "I'm fine" I replied I didn't really want to talk. I sat then I paced then I sat then I paced again, I was pacing back and fourth when a doctor walked looking at a chart "Spencer Reid?" He asked I stopped mid step "Yes?" I asked nerves coursing through my body "the surgery went better then expected, he should make a full recovery. He's also asking for a Maddie" the doctor said tears of joy and anxiety fell down my cheeks "he's in room 267 you can go see him now" I almost ran to the room and saw Spencer there I collapsed in the chair next to him crying "hey I was worried about you" Spencer said stroking my hair "I thought. I didn't know if you would make it" I said through tears "hey I'm okay, it's fine" he said I looked up at him kissing him gently, I heard a throat clear and I shot away I hadn't even thought about everyone else JJ and Emily where smiling, Gideon and Morgan looked uncomfortable and Hotch raised his eyebrows at me I could feel my cheeks light on fire as I sat back down. JJ burst out laughing I did to wiping tears from my eyes everyone started laughing. 

We where on the jet going home I was looking at Spencer dosing peacefully "you really do love him don't you?" Emily asked beside me I nodded smiling "for the record he's smitten for you to" Emily said I laughed "yeah I couldn't imagine my world without him" I said to her she smiled "that's love for you" she said "are you with anyone?" I asked realizing that I didn't know "yeah his name is Sergio" she said to me laughing "wait isn't taste you're cat?" I asked her "okay you caught me. How did you know about him? You know I'm not death right, I can hear you and JJ gossiping" I said smiling at her " by the way how did you know about me and Spencer?" I continued she blushed realizing I had overheard the bet she'd made with JJ "well you know you came into work together, you always went to talk to him. I just connected the dots" I laughed trying to stay quiet not to wake anyone "well you're good at connecting dots, and that earned you a lunch. By the way since it was my relationship you where speculating about does that mean I get to come to the lunch" I said joking "well if JJ's cool with it since she's paying I think I'd be fun" I heard someone move "I'm cool with it, I can't believe we haven't all gone out yet. Let's invite Garcia to she would kill me if she found out we had a girl's day without her" JJ said from her seat I didn't realize she was awake. I closed my eyes knowing I should get some sleep, but I couldn't fall asleep so I got my book out and read I was the only one awake at I was super quiet. My eyes became heavy and I fell asleep my face smashing into my book.