ONE: Mannequins

Y O N S E I • U N I V E R S I T YWELCOMING ENTERINGSTUDENTS OF '24

Y O N S E I U N I V E R S I T Y
WELCOMING ENTERING
STUDENTS OF '24

KOREAS PRIDE | GO EAGLES!

"And... We're here!"

You admired the scene before your eyes as you stepped out of the car.

Yonsei University, the college you had planned on attending since high school, was right in front of you. It was nothing like the photos online; in fact, it was ten times better.

"Look at how pretty it is!" Your friend, Yeji, announced as she joined you on the passenger side.

Students were walking past with their large book bags filled with heavy textbooks. It was easy to tell with ones were returning students and which ones were new.

You accompanied your friend on the sidewalk. It took some slight pushing, but eventually, you were through the gates of your new college. Neither of you cared to take your bags just yet.

The campus was crowded. A building in the distance- which had the words 'studentcenter' written on it in a big bold font- had two long lines coming out of either door. You wondered what all the commotion was about until a loud announcement sounded on the speakers around you:

"Don't forget to pick up your schedules in the student center near the dormitories. Yonsei University welcomes you back!"

"Did you hear that? We need to go to the student center," Yeji said, dragging your wrist over to the crowded area.

Part of you wanted to wait until later in the day to pick up your schedule, but you decided that it was better to just get it over with now. As you walked over to the back of the line, a young woman dressed in school colors handed you and Yeji a pamphlet.

"Welcome or welcome back to Yonsei!" She said, a warm smile on her face. You and your friend happily accepted the papers.

On the top it read 'YONSEI UNIVERSITY' and underneath, showed all the extracurriculars and extra information regarding classes on campus. Yeji chose to use it to shield her face from the sun while you read through each sentence on the paper.

Thirty minutes went by before the two of you were finally inside. The closer you reached the door, the louder your heart beat sounded. You could've sworn that everyone in a one mile radius could hear.

At the front of the line, you and Yeji were split up. A helper sent her over to a line on the far left while you were sent to one on the far right. There, you met with an older woman who was typing on a laptop.

"Name?" The woman said.

"Kang Y/N."

She typed something into her computer and clicked on something, resulting in a warm sheet of paper to slide out of the printer in front of you. She grabbed the paper, signed it, then handed it to you.